Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
High-Fantasy- Tree of Life (Part I) - $2.99 ePub/mobi - E.F.Daniels.

Wrath, vengeance, hatred, cannot breathe the same atmosphere as love. And so it was that love began to wither and withdraw...

Among the ageless quietude of the elves, Deacon, a mortal, suffers the inescapable awareness of mortality. He lived in what many deemed perfection, but a dark uncertainty plagued him that there lay treachery in it all.

When secrets of his mysterious heritage are revealed, the young mage is thrown into a revolt of confusion, and in an unwholesome vent of misery, travels a path of unforgivable deeds. One of the few left of his kind - a race whose magical energies are vigorously interwoven with their lifeforce - Deacon is drawn into a world that turns into an involution of evil and death.

The fate that awaits him will have immeasurable consequences far beyond his control.

---

Good day everyone,

In light of the "Self promotion" terms and rules I'm here acting as the promoter of Elita F. Daniels and her latest High-fantasy book Tree of Life (Part I)

Tree of life is about a young magic-user who becomes embittered and grows to despise his elven heritage. He comes into possessorship of a magically imbued axe and destroys an ancient tree sacred to the elven race and essential to humanity. His black deed throws the world into a seasonless misery.

We have a 21 chapter eBook (ePub and Mobi format), along with a video trailer and audio excerpt on the Tree of Life WWW site.

Amazon Kindle store - Purchase
Elita's home page - http://elitadaniels.com
Tree of Life page - http://treeoflifethebook.com
Goodreads book link - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...f_Life_Part_I_

Regards,
Paul.

[/quote]

Last edited by MrPLD; 05-18-2011 at 02:05 AM. Reason: price adjustment
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #2
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last edited by MrPLD; 10-02-2010 at 04:48 AM. Reason: no longer relevant price information.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:37 AM   #3
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

We've go around and shuffled things yet again.

Amazon Kindle store pricing is now $3.99 - available now at - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004477YCM

We also of course have the eBook version available for direct purchase from our site at the same price in ePub, PDF and of course mobi formats.

Many thanks

Paul.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:07 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPLD View Post
We've reshuffled the eBook pricing, it's now sitting at $4.99 AUD (roughly $4.75 USD) from our online site (PayPal accepted);

http://elitadaniels.com/?page=books

Paul.
Actually it's $4.23 at today's exchange rate.

I'll let you know what I think of it, but it will take a while as I'm still proof-reading a PD book before uploading it.

Regards, Alex
PS It's at last starting to warm up in Launceston.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:47 AM   #5
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Alex,

Got to love the exchange rate fluctuations - that's why I just flipped everything over to USD so it would match Amazon at all times; I didn't want to generate too much confusion.

It's turning insanely hot up here in FNQ already, would sincerely much rather be down there in Launceston, though more specifically in Grinderwald - if we lived down there I think Elita's job as an author would be a lot easier; up here the heat causes all manner of trouble.

btw, are you proofing your own book or someone elses?

Paul.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:31 AM   #6
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I downloaded the sample epub from your homepage not to long ago, as it looks like the sort of book that I would enjoy. I will get to it soon (I've been busy with schoolwork). Best of luck!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:20 PM   #7
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Latinandgreek,

Good luck with the school work. I hope that you'll enjoy the full book as others have

Paul
Old 10-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #8
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Alex,

btw, are you proofing your own book or someone elses?

Paul.
I couldn't possibly create fiction of my own, so I suppose I'm an interloper on this forum. But I always check it out, and the Reader's Corner forum, just to see how the other half lives.

The book I'm proof reading is The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey. I've uploaded 10 or so Public Domain books to the forum, learning as I go. At the moment I'm revising the ones I've done to take advantage of what I've learned in the process.

Regards, Alex
Old 10-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #9
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Alex,

Quote:
I've uploaded 10 or so Public Domain books to the forum, learning as I go.
It's a good idea to get a feel for the formatting on the eBooks.

I just spent a bit of time going over ToL again, changing the style to the indented-paragraph, no-line-break (except for scenes) type layout again, which is how the printed book is done. At least uploading the new revisions to Amazon and our WWW site is a quick process, unlike the print process with LSI (though it's not too bad either).

Paul.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #10
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Price has been pushed up and down and all around lately but we've settled back to $3.99 USD.

Don't forget, you can test drive the book with the 21 chapter preview available at the WWW site.

Slightly off topic ... here's a sneak view of Elita's cover of her new book (which is very different to Tree of Life).

[Graphic too large - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-18-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:08 AM   #11
AlexBell
Wizard

Quote:
Alex,

It's a good idea to get a feel for the formatting on the eBooks.

I just spent a bit of time going over ToL again, changing the style to the indented-paragraph, no-line-break (except for scenes) type layout again, which is how the printed book is done. At least uploading the new revisions to Amazon and our WWW site is a quick process, unlike the print process with LSI (though it's not too bad either).

Paul.
Thanks, Paul. I prefer the layout you've described - though I agree it can be a matter of taste to get the balance between too much white space and too little on an ebook screen.

I wish your wife and yourself every success in your writing and publishing.

Regards, Alex
Old 02-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #12
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Hello everyone, I'm finally back again, though not without a few more grey hairs and a few more 'quirks'.

To mark my return, we've put ToL out for $0.99 on Amazon and Elita's home site ( http://elitadaniels.com ). Hopefully Amazon won't take too long adjusting the price down from the original $3.99.

Sorry that it's been so long since I last posted here - alas life does have a bad habit of grabbing you with scary stuff at random moments.

Paul.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #13
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

Don't forget you can keep up to date with what Elita's doing by joining her Facebook fan page as well.

Buy "Tree of Life (Part I)" from Amazon for only 99c - http://www.amazon.com/Tree-Life-Part.../dp/B004477YCM

We're getting very close to releasing "Guardian" and there's a "first draft" of the first two chapters for those of you who are keen to get to know the story behind the cover (yes, it has schpelling irrors and typohs). The two chapter preview will be updated as well after we've received the manuscript back from the editor.

Facebook fan page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tree-of-Life/345883351198

Guardian fan page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Guardian/150748691628261

We've also started work on Part-II of Tree of Life, you'll notice we've already fabricated the new cover for it, hopefully everyone feels it matches the style of Part-I Smiley

Paul.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #14
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek

The price of "Tree of Life Pt 1" has been changed to $2.99 USD, no longer on promotion, though it's now $1 less than the original $3.99 price.