Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #1
alstein
Enthusiast
alstein began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Preparing PRS-600 for sale

I am considering selling my PRS-600 and replacing it with the PRS-650. Currently I have about 50 books on my reader. Is there a specific procedure I need to follow so that when the reader is shipped, my books are not showing up on the reader. Also, when I install my new reader will it find my library on my PC?
alstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Two things.

Delete the books from the reader, and also deauthorize it from your account. You can delete the books using a simple File Manager, or using the Reader Library software. To deauthroize the reader, hook to your computer, go to the Sony Store in Reader Library and go into your account settings. It will show authroized devices, and deauthroize that reader.

Your new reader will see your library, but you will need to authorize it to your account to read DRM protected books on it.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #3
alstein
Enthusiast
alstein began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Two things.

Delete the books from the reader, and also deauthorize it from your account. You can delete the books using a simple File Manager, or using the Reader Library software. To deauthroize the reader, hook to your computer, go to the Sony Store in Reader Library and go into your account settings. It will show authroized devices, and deauthroize that reader.

Your new reader will see your library, but you will need to authorize it to your account to read DRM protected books on it.
Thanks very much.
alstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
Kore
Enthusiast
Kore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
I am prepping to sell my PRS-600 as well, but for some reason I don't have the option to deauthorize my device... only my Reader Library. Any suggestions?

Also.. will I be able to put my eBook purchases on my new device? I bought them in kobo.
Kore is offline   Reply With Quote