Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"on device" column broken 7.0.2.4. ?

I plug in my kindle 3, after lateest upgrade.

it's detected as normal & if I ask Calibre to display the dewvice contents then all looks OK, but in the main window, when looking at the main PC library, there are no green ticks in the 1st on-device column.

there used to be ticks against all library entries which were also currently stored on kindle.

the only change that i have made, apart from software upgrade is to add one custom colum called read, to use for tracking which books in a series I have finished.

I eject & reconnect the Kindle - no joy.

I shut down & restart Calibre, leaving the Kindle connected during that step. now the green ticks have returned !

leaving calibre running I have then ejected then reconnected Kindle - ticks reappear OK now.

But I'm sure I was not imagining things when I began typing this thread !

so maybe a bug - maybe a one-off fluke - would help if other Kindle owners could test with 7.0.2.4 & report in.

Last edited by cybmole; 10-19-2010 at 05:54 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
I plug in my kindle 3, after lateest upgrade.

it's detected as normal & if I ask Calibre to display the dewvice contents then all looks OK, but in the main window, when looking at the main PC library, there are no green ticks in the 1st on-device column.

there used to be ticks against all library entries which were also currently stored on kindle.

the only change that i have made, apart from software upgrade is to add one custom colum called read, to use for tracking which books in a series I have finished.

I eject & reconnect the Kindle - no joy.

I shut down & restart Calibre, leaving the Kindle connected during that step. now the green ticks have returned !

leaving calibre running I have then ejected then reconnected Kindle - ticks reappear OK now.

But I'm sure I was not imagining things when I began typing this thread !

so maybe a bug - maybe a one-off fluke - would help if other Kindle owners could test with 7.0.2.4 & report in.
I have seen this twicce before (on a few releases before 7.24).
XP SP3, con not come up with the bug trigger. (no errors- just does not populate the column in the main library. The device is marked correctly)
Re-boot and it works.
I keep thinking "Filter" use has something to do with it, but absolutely no proof.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
new day - new test - calibre running - plug in kindle - calibre detects it - green ticks appear OK

so I can't easily reproduce the glitch
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote