Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 12-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #46
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Opps! Fixed.
No worries.

I'm very exited about the poll for March. Of the 10 current official nominees there are 7 in which I'm interested, plus Young Adult, should it be fully nominated.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:57 PM   #47
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
No nomination, but I will second Young Adult and Lottery. I'll third Greek Philosophy. March has so many wonderful nominations!
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #48
RoccoPaco
Enthusiast
RoccoPaco has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoccoPaco has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoccoPaco has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.RoccoPaco has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook
I will third Young Adult and Lottery!
RoccoPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #49
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Actually I'll third Greek Philosophy. It's my last nomination (I think). I was tempted to do it before but I wasn't sure if it was a joke nomination or not.

I'm quite interested in reading Plato's The Republic and would enjoy a discussion on it (even if I might end up being out of my depth).
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #50
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ooops - someone already thirded Greek Philosophy - and Young Adult which would have been my fall-back.

I'll shut up now.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 AM   #51
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
Oops. I thought about Symposium, not Republic.

Anyway, we'll argue about this in the next thread.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #52
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
Oops. I thought about Symposium, not Republic.

Anyway, we'll argue about this in the next thread.
I only lean towards The Republic because I happen to own an old hardback of it and I thought it might be nice actually reading it. I wouldn't have a problem with Symposium. The nature of love - sounds like a really interesting topic to read about/discuss.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #53
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Request/Suggestion:

Since we haven't had any additional nominations in the last 24 hours, could we have the poll now?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #54
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'd rather wait until the time specified in the first post to account for any late stragglers. I could shorten the nominations from one week to four days for the next one, though.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #55
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'd rather wait until the time specified in the first post to account for any late stragglers. I could shorten the nominations from one week to four days for the next one, though.
Understandable & fair.

Four days sounds good to me, if there are no other objections.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #56
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I nominate a "Lottery" month like the Literary Book Club has.

Their current (August 2012) rule was that anyone could enter their name to a list to select the book and the moderator would roll a random number to see which person on the list gets to select the book. The book would still need to follow the rule of not being selected before in order to be eligible. See this post for how the lottery works there.
I've used up all my nominations but I'll add moral support for a lottery month.

Whoops! I see that it has already been fully nominated.

Last edited by fantasyfan; 12-05-2012 at 07:01 PM.
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 AM   #57
Nyssa
Series Addict

Assuming there are no new nominations, I like 9 out of the 14. I might be okay with a 10th, but I'm not sure.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #58
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
I'll vote for :
Classics
Adventure/ travel
Richard Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #59
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Moody View Post
I'll vote for :
Classics
Adventure/ travel
The actual poll is not up as yet. This is/was the nomination process. The poll should be up sometime in the next 24 hours.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #60
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
The actual poll is not up as yet. This is/was the nomination process. The poll should be up sometime in the next 24 hours.
I'll get it up tomorrow morning.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote