Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Do all international kindle users have full internet with 2.5?

I'm still waiting, but how about all you non-US users that already have 2.5? I read some were getting full internet access (for what it is worth) with 2.5. Do you all still have full internet access?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:32 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I don't know... Haven't got mine, yet, and I'm using my computer for internet access.. My kindle is just the thing I read my books on...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
Jzz
Jzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
As of today I still have full internet access. Got the 2.5 update on May 14th.

Wouldn't want to spend hours surfing, but it's useful for accessing links in articles, your calibre library, MR ebooks, feedbooks, Google... mine is pretty fast, so it's not too painful.

Umm... Go Hawks Go! (Unless they meet Montreal, then GO HABS GO!). Bit off topic, sorry.
Jzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
RazorD
RazorD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I got my Kindle 2 last monday and have had full internet on 2.3.3 here in the UK..
RazorD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:04 AM   #5
alexTheFool
alexTheFool began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
sign~

i think the more proper question should be......

Do all international kindle users have 2.5?????

sign.......
alexTheFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I am in Canada and have neither update nor full internet...
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Do all international kindle users have 2.5?
That's still not the right one. Your question cannot be answered with absolute certainty unless all international users check in to this thread and report without exception.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #8
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
I have full internet with 2.3.4 as of about 2 weeks ago - I never got full internet with the 2.4.4 update, it happened randomly.

Last edited by seagull; 05-27-2010 at 12:25 PM.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:28 AM   #9
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
That's still not the right one. Your question cannot be answered with absolute certainty unless all international users check in to this thread and report without exception.
Or one report of the exception.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:52 AM   #10
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
2.5 KDXi = full access
2.3.3 K2 = no access (except the wiki)
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
Msan
Enthusiast
Msan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Glow, iPad3
I'm in Canada on the K2i with 2.3.3 and can only get to the wiki
Msan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
Sheebrook
Kindle 2 user since Feb09
Sheebrook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 original
Would upgrade to get access

I'm in Canada near the US border (Niagara Region) using a Kindle 2 US. I would upgrade to a Kindle International if I thought I would get internet access in Canada. From my home and when travelling through the US I can access my twitter account, Facebook, gmail, other mobile sites and love it. I am following this thread avidly.

It would help if other Canadian users of the K2i would post where they live if they have whispernet access.
Sheebrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas777 View Post
Or one report of the exception.
I hate you.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #14
Jzz
Jzz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheebrook View Post
It would help if other Canadian users of the K2i would post where they live if they have whispernet access.
I'm in Montreal.
Jzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #15
msvadi
msvadi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Global Wireless
I'm in Canada, Vancouver. I got full internet access today on my DX-global after manually upgrading it from 2.3 to 2.3.3!
msvadi is offline   Reply With Quote