Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
itzmeigh
Enthusiast
itzmeigh began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Which App for that?

I just got an iPod touch and I have a Sony 505 reader. Most (ok. maybe all) of my books have come from the Sony store. Is there an app so I can read my Sony books on the Touch? Or is there an easy way to convert from the Sony store books to something I can read on the Touch. (Simple as in even an untrained monkey can do it!)

Thanks!
itzmeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Sony's LRX ebooks are locked to Sony Readers. However, in a couple of weeks Sony will be converting all their ebooks to ePub. See Adobe ADEPT DRM for EPUB circumvented for what to do to strip the DRM. This is very easy on a Windows PC, just click on the ineptepub.pyw file and fill in the pop up form. It isn't absolutely certain that this will work with Sony ePubs, but most likely it will. The Stanza app reads DRM-free ePubs on a Touch.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I buy a lot of my books through Shortcovers. Most come in ePub format. After you buy the book, you download it to your library from where you download it to your PC and into the Sony eBook Library.

But what's cool is that, when you download the book to your Shorcovers Library it automatically appears on your iPhone
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Once your ebook is drm free, convert it to epub with Calibre. You can then set up a link with Stanza on your iTouch to access all the epub books in your Calibre library.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote