Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #16
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You know what is sad? I think mine was a Gameboy (the old gray brick ones). I totally spazzed when my grandmother gave it to me.

Recently, my mom got me Bulgari green tea lotion and shampoo. It was an expensive gag gift- my stepdad always grabbed her the free tubes at Caesars and I always whined that he never saved one for me, since it was my favorite perfume. I totally hadn't expected that. Plus it smells seriously good.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:43 PM   #17
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
You know what is sad? I think mine was a Gameboy (the old gray brick ones). I totally spazzed when my grandmother gave it to me.

Recently, my mom got me Bulgari green tea lotion and shampoo. It was an expensive gag gift- my stepdad always grabbed her the free tubes at Caesars and I always whined that he never saved one for me, since it was my favorite perfume. I totally hadn't expected that. Plus it smells seriously good.
Not sad at all........back then, what was better?

And Bulgari? Its what Stephanie Plum 'spazzed' over when she spent the night at Rangers.....his special scent. Except I think it was a different scent than Green Tea!

(for those wondering........Stephanie Plum is the character in Janet Evanovich's "One for the Money" series.......each book starts with a number.....One, Two, Three, etc. Outstanding funny mysteries.....)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #18
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Not sad at all........back then, what was better?

And Bulgari? Its what Stephanie Plum 'spazzed' over when she spent the night at Rangers.....his special scent. Except I think it was a different scent than Green Tea!

(for those wondering........Stephanie Plum is the character in Janet Evanovich's "One for the Money" series.......each book starts with a number.....One, Two, Three, etc. Outstanding funny mysteries.....)
I need to read those...

Green tea is obviously a lady scent, I've never smelled any of their boy stuff.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #19
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Hmmm. Difficult. In part because I probably don't remember so many of the things that excited me as a child, like a lego set or a model train.

I'd say it was a choice between a slip-bound complete set of The Chronicles of Narnia, or a three-foot long sausage-shaped cuddly hippo.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #20
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
how can you go wrong with a three-foot long sausage-shaped cuddly hippo, right ? that's what i always say.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2008, 10:07 PM   #21
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You know, this may sound strange but I can't, at this moment, recall a single Christmas present given me, unless you count the two I opened on Sunday night (a bottle of French dessert wine and a pizza stone). I'm not sure if that's shameful or not.

Cheers,
Marc (my best birthday present was two fountain pens that once belonged to my late father, given to me this year. Can I use that instead?)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #22
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
You know, this may sound strange but I can't, at this moment, recall a single Christmas present given me, unless you count the two I opened on Sunday night (a bottle of French dessert wine and a pizza stone). I'm not sure if that's shameful or not. NOT!

Cheers,
Marc (my best birthday present was two fountain pens that once belonged to my late father, given to me this year. Can I use that instead?)
Oh absolutely! Those are the best kinds of gifts. And a Pizza stone is awesome. Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:57 AM   #23
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
You know, this may sound strange but I can't, at this moment, recall a single Christmas present given me, unless you count the two I opened on Sunday night (a bottle of French dessert wine and a pizza stone). I'm not sure if that's shameful or not.

Cheers,
If it's strange, then I share your strangeness. Not only can I not recall, right here right now, most of my past Christmas presents, but I also would really rather receive nothing (Bah, humbug!), at least not the physical type of gift. Treating me out to lunch or dinner or even coffee would be way more memorable.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #24
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabound View Post
If it's strange, then I share your strangeness. Not only can I not recall, right here right now, most of my past Christmas presents, but I also would really rather receive nothing (Bah, humbug!), at least not the physical type of gift. Treating me out to lunch or dinner or even coffee would be way more memorable.
Oh, well, if you're going there, last Christmas, my wife... (CENSRED) I'll remember that for the rest of my days. Of course if it happens again, then the days will probably be short.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #25
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I think I was 12 or 13 years old when my grandparents decided it was easier to give me money for Christmas than buy gifts. At the beginning of December, I got money from both grandparents. I bought my own gifts and kept track of which money I used. On Christmas day, the grandparents opened the packages to see how I spent their money. I think watching their reaction was my best Christmas gift.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #26
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Awww, Dreamer, that is so heartwarming. You are as sweet as you are pretty - and I don't mean your avatars.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yes, dreamer has a good heart, you can tell.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:13 AM   #28
The Skwerl
Super Skwerl
The Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litterThe Skwerl doesn't litter

Device: Sony 500
Ok I have an even better Christmas memory. My son and daughters first Christmas. Made me remember why I love the season so much.
Thanks for reminding me about it.
The Skwerl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #29
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
An erector set. I was about 10, and I'd gotten a basic erector set a previous year, and I wore it out. So they got me a deluxe set, with more parts, tools, electric motors, and a cool blue metal toolbox to lug it all around in.

Bonus: Funniest Xmas gift I ever got was a Sink the Bismark! board game... when I'd asked for Battleship. I wasn't old enough to understand the Bismark game, so I stashed it in a closet. Years later, on my 14th birthday, I remembered the Bismark game, and the fact that it was recommended for kids 14 and up. I ran upstairs, pulled it out, and had it figured out immediately! It became the favorite board game for my bother and I for years.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #30
steen
steen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I think one of my favorite Christmas presents ever was my Sega Genesis video game console. It's seen a lot of mileage and a lot of games and still remains one of my favorite consoles ever, even after the PS2 and XBOX 360 and what have you.

I've had many great Christmases since so it's difficult to REALLY pick just one!
steen is offline   Reply With Quote