Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #16
Clawdia
Connoisseur
Clawdia is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle (K3, DXG)
Yeah, the call-me method.

I'll have to remember that about the doorbell - I'd have used that one today if I'd thought of it. One problem I have with the phone is that I can't talk and think at the same time - part of the phone-phobia reaction. My doorbell may be ringing continuously next time I have to call and this happens!

Thanks.
Clawdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #17
Clawdia
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You could of used Chat I know people who have. I've always gotten an American when calling Kindle support. Next time just say something like. "I'm sorry ma'am we have a bad connection and I can't understand you. So I'm gonna try calling again." This is best way to do it when you get someone with a thick accent and you don't want to offend them.
That's perfect, Blossom - I'll try that next time too - and it wouldn't even be a lie because my phone periodically just fades away and I hear nothing until I bang it against something a couple of times.

I should have asked for all these suggestions before I called - you guys know how to handle people!
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdia View Post
Yeah, the call-me method.

I'll have to remember that about the doorbell - I'd have used that one today if I'd thought of it. One problem I have with the phone is that I can't talk and think at the same time - part of the phone-phobia reaction. My doorbell may be ringing continuously next time I have to call and this happens!

Thanks.
You can always write down what you are going to say. Having a list in front of you really helps in case your mind goes blank.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
Clawdia
Connoisseur

LOL - I did have a list. I don't talk to people on the phone without one - and I don't go to doctors without one either. Now, if I could just stop my doc from grabbing the list out of my hand when he sees me . . . it makes his job too easy.

I actually should just stop caring if I offend someone - after all, I'm not the one doing a job that I'm not doing properly, and if I can't understand them, they're not doing something right. I did medical transcription for years, and have a lot of practice at understanding Indian accents.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I actually should just stop caring if I offend someone - after all, I'm not the one doing a job that I'm not doing properly, and if I can't understand them, they're not doing something right. I did medical transcription for years, and have a lot of practice at understanding Indian accents.
How about Russian accents?

Spoiler:
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
LOL - I did have a list. I don't talk to people on the phone without one - and I don't go to doctors without one either. Now, if I could just stop my doc from grabbing the list out of my hand when he sees me . . . it makes his job too easy.

Well I had to call Amazon Support tonight. So I'm currently coming down from shaking. I first emailed them but the person did not even read my question I asked. So I had them call me not Kindle but Amazon. Got a Paul guy who was great! He explain to me he didn't know why I had a pending charge when my Kindle cover order wasn't shipped but he did explain to me about authorization charges which I already know about, it's just Amazon never done this in the years I've shopped with them. He is going to call me on Friday to make sure I don't get charge twice because the email said I hadn't been charged yet.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #22
Clawdia
Connoisseur

I'm glad you got someone nice to talk to, Blossom. I've never had Amazon charge before they ship either.

I'm glad I did exchange my K3 - the new one has buttons that feel better, and the screen is just enough lighter that I look at it and think it's a little nicer.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #23
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I'm glad you got someone nice to talk to, Blossom. I've never had Amazon charge before they ship either.

I'm glad I did exchange my K3 - the new one has buttons that feel better, and the screen is just enough lighter that I look at it and think it's a little nicer.
Thanks. It shock me too they did it this way so I am keeping an eye on it.

I am happy you got a better one! That's always a plus! My K3 was perfect when I got it. Still pretty much is but I love my K4 because it's so light and tiny so I use it now instead.