Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
bluejoni
bluejoni began at the beginning.

Device: Libre
Help finding files in Calibre

Ok, please read my whole question before someone thinks I am trying to steal something.

I have a lot of classic books meaning that they were free to download and out of copyright... I also have quite a few books that I purchased and are protected (read = DRM) I am NOT asking for advise on how to remove the DRM!

I am asking if there is a way to see which files are DRM'ed. My sister just got a new e-reader and I am wanting to share the free books I have with her... not my purchased or protected books! So I was wondering if there is a way to make a tag/ category/column that would show me the file is DRM'ed so I don't try and share those?

If you think I'm crazy, sorry! I am just trying to save her some time because it has taken me a few years to build up the amount of books I have and I thought I would be a nice big sister and share the non-copyright books I have.
bluejoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I believe that there is another thread with a similar request.
Short answer: Not at this time

Calibre can store and Index those books and not misbehave, But that is all.

I would suggest that you create a Tag that means DRM or Copyright issues to you and set a Not filter on that tag.

You can eliminate some problem candidates by looking for formats that can not contain DRM (TXTRTF...)

Your ADEPT manger on your PC might give you a clue to the titles you bought that may have issues
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
bluejoni
bluejoni began at the beginning.

Device: Libre
oops! I looked, but all I could find were posts that were asking if DRM'ed ebooks could work with Calibre (converting, updating metadata, send to ereader) I guess I really failed at the search today, sorry.

*sigh*

I was hoping there was a faster way. Thanks Anyway.
bluejoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I have a "paid" custom field (it could really be called anything, and most things are better than what I picked) that I use to mark books that shouldn't be shared, to distinguish them from PD/shareable/demo books that can be. When I import new books, I set that field if necessary as part of my general tag cleanup. Then, as our quacking friend says, use a not filter to skip the non-shareable books, and that will only show the shareable ones. It takes some time to set up, true, but if you pick, say, 100 books and do those, that should keep your sister until you get the next batch done.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The presence of DRM is not sufficient. For example, Baen Webscriptions books are delivered DRM-free, which is wonderful service on their part. Lets not reward them by copying their books hither and yon.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert