Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Unhappy Downloading Items Stuck

I accumulated about 26 personal files that I had sent through my Kindle email address, so I connected to wi-fi tonight to collect them onto my Kindle 4. 25 of the files downloaded fine, but the last one (which was quite large) got stuck at 88% and remains in my Downloading list. Problem is, I didn't realize it was stuck, so I deleted it already from my files on Amazon's Manage Your Kindle page.

I've restarted the Kindle and resynced and even sent a new personal document through hoping it would kick the deleted file off the list, but nothing has helped. Is this something that will eventually resolve itself or is there anything I can do to make the file disappear from the Downloading list?
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
I accumulated about 26 personal files that I had sent through my Kindle email address, so I connected to wi-fi tonight to collect them onto my Kindle 4. 25 of the files downloaded fine, but the last one (which was quite large) got stuck at 88% and remains in my Downloading list. Problem is, I didn't realize it was stuck, so I deleted it already from my files on Amazon's Manage Your Kindle page.

I've restarted the Kindle and resynced and even sent a new personal document through hoping it would kick the deleted file off the list, but nothing has helped. Is this something that will eventually resolve itself or is there anything I can do to make the file disappear from the Downloading list?
Plug the Kindle into the USB and look for the file with the title name. I had this happen once. Delete it then restart and try again.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #3
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No luck. I couldn't find it in the files when I looked through them and did a search for the name. Sent the same document to myself again and the second time it downloaded fine, but the first download is still showing up at 88% even after rebooting.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:

I'm not familiar with K4, but I assume it is much like Kindle Keyboard: there's no way to cancel a download in progress. I believe if you de-register the Kindle (on the device or on MYK), it will get flushed from the download queue. Confirm this on MYK page, and then re-register to the same account.

One of the virtues of KT and KPW is that you can cancel downloads on the device.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
KimberlyFDR
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I believe if you de-register the Kindle (on the device or on MYK), it will get flushed from the download queue. Confirm this on MYK page, and then re-register to the same account.
Eh, that's not really an option for me. I don't want to have to re-download over 400 files and sort them into their collections again upon de-registering and re-registering It's not that the file is stuck on Pending in the Manage Your Kindle Page, it's on the device itself. I have no pending files according to Amazon, but my Kindle thinks otherwise.

I guess I can just let it remain the way it is now and hope it corrects itself. I was just hoping I could force it to clear out with a little push
Old 01-30-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Eh, that's not really an option for me. I don't want to have to re-download over 400 files and sort them into their collections again upon de-registering and re-registering It's not that the file is stuck on Pending in the Manage Your Kindle Page, it's on the device itself. I have no pending files according to Amazon, but my Kindle thinks otherwise.

I guess I can just let it remain the way it is now and hope it corrects itself. I was just hoping I could force it to clear out with a little push

You shouldn't lose anything from doing this. Collections are backed up on Amazon's servers.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #7
KimberlyFDR
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You shouldn't lose anything from doing this. Collections are backed up on Amazon's servers.
Hmm, I thought de-registering removed all content? Then you have to re-add it when it's registered again. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Hmm, I thought de-registering removed all content? Then you have to re-add it when it's registered again. I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.
Nope that's factory reset that removes content. Deregistering only removes your account. I do this all the time on my K4S between hubby's and my account.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #9
KimberlyFDR
Groupie

Oh, okay! I didn't realize that.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
KimberlyFDR
Groupie

Just wanted to follow up to say that de-registering and re-registering solved the problem! All my collections came back, along with the 400 files I had on it. It also seems to have sped up my Kindle navigation between files (used to have about a 5 second delay when I went into a file and then came back out). Thank you both for your help!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Just wanted to follow up to say that de-registering and re-registering solved the problem! All my collections came back, along with the 400 files I had on it. It also seems to have sped up my Kindle navigation between files (used to have about a 5 second delay when I went into a file and then came back out). Thank you both for your help!
Happy to hear you fixed it!