Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #181
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
Im sure you will.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #182
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgriff View Post
Of course I wish mine wasn't the last to arrive
yours won't be. cos mine will! friday!
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #183
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This makes me happy! I am within a sliver of getting a T1 now. Lisa's review answered all my questions and it really looks like a really nice eReader.
How easy is it to thumb the pages? I know on my phone I sometimes double turn a page or two.
Turning the page is responsive. I've never accidentally turned multiple pages except when I'm reading and falling asleep. If you hold your finger it intentionally turns multiple pages.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #184
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforx View Post
yours won't be. cos mine will! friday!
The red ones won't even ship for a week and a half. You will be old hat by the time I get mine.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #185
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Turning the page is responsive. I've never accidentally turned multiple pages except when I'm reading and falling asleep. If you hold your finger it intentionally turns multiple pages.
Thank you again! I've never own a touch style eReader before. I only have my phone to go by.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:25 PM   #186
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you again! I've never own a touch style eReader before. I only have my phone to go by.
I love the touch ereaders. I think it's exciting that now all the major brands are offering them. Phone screens seem more sensitive and tiny. I'm sure I've changed the page on my iPhone when I didn't mean to.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #187
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I love the touch ereaders. I think it's exciting that now all the major brands are offering them. Phone screens seem more sensitive and tiny. I'm sure I've changed the page on my iPhone when I didn't mean to.
That is good to know I have a K4 Touch on Pre-Order but I am going to cancel it if my K4 will do me okay and get a T1 instead. I don't need 3 Kindles. It would be nice to have a epub reader that I like and would make less work on library books especially being able to download directly.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:23 AM   #188
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
I am digging the Library support. They pretty much nailed the end-to-end experience. I haven't yet found a reason to access the library from another device except to get a library card.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #189
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
That is good to know I have a K4 Touch on Pre-Order but I am going to cancel it if my K4 will do me okay and get a T1 instead. I don't need 3 Kindles. It would be nice to have a epub reader that I like and would make less work on library books especially being able to download directly.
The direct library support is great! I am fortunate to have access to a fantastic e-library and therefore borrow many library books. That was the other reason that I got the T1. I really like having both Kindle and EPUB readers. It just makes it easy and simple to get what I want when I want it.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:14 AM   #190
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The direct library support is great! I am fortunate to have access to a fantastic e-library and therefore borrow many library books. That was the other reason that I got the T1. I really like having both Kindle and EPUB readers. It just makes it easy and simple to get what I want when I want it.
I have access to a great library and get most of my agency books through it. Well my K4 is here and it looks like I will be getting a T1 My K4 screen is dark gray and the text not as black as my K3. for $79 though I will keep it.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:04 AM   #191
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
Mine is out for delivery on the Fedex truck, and it just so happens I'm working from home today!

A phone call to Fedex confirms delivery today for both packages, reader and cover.

Last edited by trevgriff; 10-05-2011 at 08:49 AM.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #192
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
shipping update - delivery pushed forward to tomorrow!!! *excited*
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #193
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
the library feature is really nice, checked out my first book last night, 14 days to read it. Curious though that the hardcover edition they sell at amazon is 336 pages and this download i got from the library is 251 pages....and i'm using a larger font. Actually changing the font size doesn't change the page count. Would think it would change it some

Last edited by krighton; 10-06-2011 at 08:35 AM.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:45 AM   #194
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
the library feature is really nice, checked out my first book last night, 14 days to read it. Curious though that the hardcover edition they sell at amazon is 336 pages and this download i got from the library is 251 pages....and i'm using a larger font. Actually changing the font size doesn't change the page count. Would think it would change it some
Epub uses a standard 'page' of 1024 characters. It's not dependent on device, font, screen size, or anything else. Every page in every epub is the same size.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #195
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Epub uses a standard 'page' of 1024 characters. It's not dependent on device, font, screen size, or anything else. Every page in every epub is the same size.
But i would think a 336 page book wouldn't be reduced to 251 pages considering the comparable size of the screen versus a hardback page...most larger books that i've read normally end up having more pages via ebook format.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1