Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #1
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Onyx 1.7.3 firmware for C67ML & C67ML Carta

Onyx has just released 1.7.3 for C67ML & C67ML Carta: http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...23404-1-1.html

The one new feature I have found thus far is the ability to install third party apps to the internal SD card. This would, in theory, be one way to circumvent the limited user app space on these devices. Yes, there are other ways to do this, but it's nice to see this feature baked into the firmware.

You can also do this with apps downloaded from Google Play Store, but it takes root and a little work. This will work even for apps that you normally can't move to the internal SD card in the normal way. I did this with ES File Explorer, though other apps could do the same thing. You can, if rooted and with root explorer enabled in ES File Explorer, backup any (or all) of your apps. Delete the app from your device, go to your ES File Explorer backup folder, and click the app that you just backed up. Then click install. You will be asked if you want to install it the usual way or to your internal SD card. In this way, you should be able to install more apps than the limited user app space would normally allow.

I think there are supposed to be enhancements to Neo Reader, but I haven't come across them just yet.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Apparently there were issues with the 1.7.3 firmware, as Onyx International now has a "new" 1.7.3 available for the C67ML and C67ML Carta.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
btux
btux began at the beginning.

Device: C67ML
I noticed a significant loss of battery lifetime after upgrading to firmware 1.7.3. Anyone else?
btux is offline   Reply With Quote