Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-15-2014, 04:22 AM   #1
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Explain your profile name

My name is that of popular anime character, Monkey D Luffy.

I'm sure the origin of your name is less boring. So please, if you want, do share the origin story of your name!
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Research Stephen R. Donaldson
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:56 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I'm sure the origin of your name is less boring. So please, if you want, do share the origin story of your name!
You may be sure, but you're wrong.

Paul Durrant.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:17 AM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Well, my name may suggest that I'm a big fan of JRR Tolkien, but that's not actually true (I like Tolkien, but wouldn't have named myself after one of his characters).

When I first started work, I was assigned a mentor - an older, more experienced member of staff to show me the ropes. My mentor's nickname was Gandalf, so, as his protégé, I became Bilbo. 1967 is the year of my birth.

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 12-15-2014 at 08:07 AM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:40 AM   #5
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Research Stephen R. Donaldson
I knew nothing about you before, now I know you're a big tease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You may be sure, but you're wrong.

Paul Durrant.
Wish I could be as inconspicuous. My surname has 13 characters and is eccentric even by my culture's standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Well, my name may suggest that I'm a big fan of JRR Tolkien, but not actually true (I like Tolkien, but wouldn't have named myself after one of his characters).

When I first started work, I was assigned a mentor - an older, more experienced member of staff to show me the ropes. My mentor's nickname was Gandalf, so, as his protege, I became Bilbo. 1967 is the year of my birth.
Thank you. I never would have guessed. I too like LoTR but I like One Piece better.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:07 AM   #6
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Mine is fairly boring as well. I like Shakespeare's plays. Especially Hamlet as I often share his melancholy and indecisiveness. 1953 was the year I was born.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I knew nothing about you before, now I know you're a big tease.
Mordant's need MC One of the first fantasy books I read where the heroine wasn't really a warrior (and heroine, not hero).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #8
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Mine is fairly boring as well. I like Shakespeare's plays. Especially Hamlet as I often share his melancholy and indecisiveness. 1953 was the year I was born.
Fair enough. Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to say I can't enjoy Shakespeare, in text or theatrical form. But Hamlet of course has the most famous quotes of all time.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Crich70 has an equally mundane origin. My 1st name is Charles and my middle name is Richard. The 70 of course comes from 1970 the yr in which I was born.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #10
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I like books.

Years ago I was going to use just library, but that was taken at another (now defunct) message board, so I became library addict.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #11
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Crich70 has an equally mundane origin. My 1st name is Charles and my middle name is Richard. The 70 of course comes from 1970 the yr in which I was born.
Ah, now I understand. I've often wondered about the crich part of your name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I like books.

Years ago I was going to use just library, but that was taken at another (now defunct) message board, so I became library addict.
Thanks for the explanation. I'm finding these posts quite revealing. If only others would take a cue from you guys and post here...
Old 12-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #12
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Mine is because I have a Sony Reader and I love it!
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #13
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
My heritage is half German (actually German speaking Polish) one quarter Norwegian and one quarter various British (Scotts/English). My paternal grandfather was 100% Norwegian and his given name was Odean, obviously a spelling variant of the Norse god Odin. So I took his name, then took the Germanic variant, “Woden”, and began using that.

I soon found that somewhat less than unique so I experimented with various spellings. I soon found that the variant “Wodin” was only in use by a nuts and bolts factory in Ohio, and an artist (in California I think), so I adopted that.

I am sometimes accused of Paganism because of it, and while not necessarily a bad thing, it’s not quite accurate. I actually lean more towards Buddhism, so I’m occasionally led to explain my use of a Pagan god’s name as my nom de plume.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #14
arjaybe
Wizard
arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arjaybe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
You only have to say my Internet name to know what it means. I like simplicity.-)

rjb
arjaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #15
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
As can probably also be inferred from my avatar image I'm into bicycling, so my username is a reference to that.

The image was one that I created when I joined MR that combined my two primary reading devices at the time (K3 and iPad2) and a bicycle wheel. A bit cluttered, but it worked, and I tend to associate people on the forums with their avatar more than their username, so I resist changing it with the assumption that there are others like me who lose that association when people change their avatar.

I did try to create a new one when I got a Paperwhite, which is the one shown on my profile page, but it didn't scale well (too little detail), so I didn't use it as my primary avatar.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote