Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
cr0n0sT85T
cr0n0sT85T began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (spain)
Question How to install Coolreader?

Hello everyone

Does anyone know how to install Coolreader on Kindle 4?

the truth is that I have not tested it and I would like to do so. The Duokan have been tested but I am not convinced by the large number of Chinese symbols coming out there... even in the setup menus.

For Coolreader, Is it necessary to jailbreak and install launchpad? in that case, I would need all the files needed to make the entire process.

Thanks and regards

Last edited by cr0n0sT85T; 07-06-2013 at 02:34 PM.
cr0n0sT85T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the dev forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0n0sT85T View Post
Hello everyone

Does anyone know how to install Coolreader on Kindle 4?

the truth is that I have not tested it and I would like to do so. The Duokan have been tested but I am not convinced by the large number of Chinese symbols coming out there... even in the setup menus.

For Coolreader, Is it necessary to jailbreak and install launchpad? in that case, I would need all the files needed to make the entire process.

Thanks and regards
Did you try here?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
cr0n0sT85T

thank you! I've finally done it!

do you know if coolreader can open pdf files?
thank you!
Old 07-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0n0sT85T View Post
thank you! I've finally done it!

do you know if coolreader can open pdf files?
thank you!
I have no idea...sorry! You might try posting in the Cool Reader thread.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
cr0n0sT85T

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
I have no idea...sorry! You might try posting in the Cool Reader thread.
thank you for your reply!

dont worry, now I know it! coolreader don't work with pdf files :'(
Old 07-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #7
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Try Librerator, it combines PDF, DJVU and the CoolReader rendering engine.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #8
cr0n0sT85T

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Try Librerator, it combines PDF, DJVU and the CoolReader rendering engine.
thank you! I test it.
do you have any captures of this reader? any link in youtube? is it work's in latest kindle 4?

thank you!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:35 AM   #9
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Don't know about screenshots or YouTube videos. Just try it. I recommended it because it is a good fit for the K4 (on K2/KDX/K3 too). It stems from the KindlePDFviewer/KOReader family, but these all differ in the frontend/user interface.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #10
cr0n0sT85T

ok! I try it!
thank you!