Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
FBReader -- cannot get preferences

I have installed 8.14, but cannot figure out how to bring up preferences to change the margins (which are too close to the edges) etc. I have used FBReader on another machine and am used to the program.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:39 PM   #2
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just realized that, judging from the forum, it's not possible to get options in 8.14. Is there an earlier version that gives access and runs on 2.12? Thanks -- I'd like to change the line spacing and the margins. I have no idea how to use ssh and dropbear -- is there any other way of changing the defaults?
Advert
Old 02-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #3
talaivan
Groupie

I need to get to /mnt/settings/.FBReader/ui.xml. I can get to /mnt/settings/ using emelFM2, but it won't show the .FBReader directory. Is there any way to get that program to show hidden directories like this?
Old 02-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Since I don't have my iLiad, I don't know how to show hidden directories in emelfm2.

Likely, the easiest way is to copy the file with mrxvt (or create a .sh file with unix formatting) to your cf card or internal memory.

In mrxvt
Code:
mv /mnt/setttings/.FBReader/ui.xml /mnt/cf/
Make the changes you need on a PC. Save in the same place. Then:

Code:
mv /mnt/cf/ui.xml /mnt/setttings/.FBReader/
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
talaivan
Groupie

Thanks -- that worked, and FBReader is much improved (for me, at least). I increased the margins and the space between lines. Of course, it should be /media/cf... not /mnt/cf... (in case anyone else wants to try it). Thanks again.
Advert