Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
OK, how do you actually INSTALL an app?

I've got apk files on an sd card, how do you actually install them on the Vox? My Vox says there's nothing on the SD card.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got astro installed directly via Kobo's browser, but it can't see anything on my SD card, so it's not really doing me any good. I was hoping to save some time by downloading in advance onto my laptop and then putting them onto an SD card, getting the vox to see the card...

I guess I'm used to Windows, and this sure isn't it. Not really seeing the value of astro right now, but maybe that'll come later...

I'm running out of time to sort through this, too, gotta go out for birthday supper tonight.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
This is a little confusing, but the SD card is actually the internal storage.

You said you're using Astro - hit the "up" button and you should see an "extsd" folder for your external SD card. Your apps should be in there.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What you see as SD Card in Astro is actually the Vox's internal memory IIRC the path for the actual SD Card is /extsd
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
49Kat
Fanatic

When I go to 'home' I see mnt/sdcard. If I tap 'up', I see mnt and it has some folders in it...aha, I just found it. I went to mnt/extsd and there it was.

OK, thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #6
49Kat
Fanatic

And I've installed Opera, Aldiko, and Overdrive. I've even managed to borrow a library book and tried it both with Aldiko and Overdrive. Had to use an Adobe ID to authorize both of them.