Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #27091
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Peet's Major Dickason's coffee this morning. Tea just wasn't going to be enough!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #27092
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Sumatra coffee in my cup and enjoying this bag very much.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Coffees from Sumatra are known for smooth, sweet body that is balanced and intense. Depending on the region, or blend of regions, the flavours of the land and processing can be very pronounced. Notes of cocoa, tobacco, smoke, earth and cedar wood can show well in the cup
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #27093
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Pepsi Max ... after an afternoon of yard work ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #27094
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Every morning at seven o'clock
There's twenty tarriers a drillin' at the rock
The boss comes along and he says: "Keep still
And come down heavy on the cast-iron-drill!"
And drill, ye tarriers, drill!
Drill, ye tarriers, drill!
Oh, it's work all day
For the sugar in your tay
Down behind the railway!
Then drill ye tarriers, drill!
And blast
And fire!

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v9Yo-oIjVU )

Every morning I wake up to watch the sun rise. Day after day. And every morning I'm amazed. Day after day.

Good morning, everyone! Lots to do and not much time to do it. It's the Winter Solstice! Short day today, so I up and drinking my new "English Breakfast" tea and getting ready to start making breakfast. A quick tomato and cheese omelet this morning then, we hit the streets. We're going to climb the mountain west of the city, to pay respects at the huge temple complex at the top. This wonderfully cool weather we're experiencing is a great motivator for anything outdoors. 7:00 am now and 15°c. I filled my CamelBack last night with two liters of Keemun tea just for the climb! Although there is a road that leads to the top, we'll take the jungle trails up. Much, much nicer!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #27095
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
More hot water and honey. I spent parts of today reminding myself that people are functioning with far more serious illnesses than a cold. It didn't help. I am crawling back into bed as soon as the Little Man is in bed.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #27096
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Take care of yourself, ProfCrash. And try adding some lemon to the hot water and honey. (well, actually, I like to add both lemon and some whiskey, but that doesn't really work any better, just that after a couple, you don't care!)

Peet's English Breakfast
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #27097
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Lots of things in lots of cups at my house last night. We're starting some new traditions this year, so I had the whole family and a couple of friends over for Soup Night. I've been picking up soup mugs (or just large coffee cups) from the thrift store for the past few weeks, and made 3 soups and some bread. It was relaxed and fun - can't wait to do it again!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1479054_572365776173298_1644579073_n.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	117062  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #27098
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Brandy Alexander.

It's nearly Christmas, so time for cocktails!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #27099
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Feeling better. LM has a fever of 102.5 that meds are not bringing down. His nose is running but other then that he seemsok.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #27100
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Feeling better. LM has a fever of 102.5 that meds are not bringing down. His nose is running but other then that he seemsok.
Yuck. Have you called a doc yet? 102 is high enough you probably should....
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #27101
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Well early in the morning, about the break of day,
I ask the Lord, "Help me find the way!"
Help me find the way to the promised land
This lonely body needs a helping hand
I ask the Lord to help me please find the way.

When the new day's a dawning, I bow my head in prayer.
I pray to the Lord, "Won't you lead me there?"
Won't you guide me safely to the Golden Stair?
Won't you let this body your burden share?
I pray to the Lord, "Won't you lead me please, lead me there?"

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE8NSvD7LSE )

Good morning, everyone! The Sun has returned and will spend a bit more time with us today! Yippee! It's glowing in my window although it's cold enough to need a fleece jacket over my T-shirt. That'll change in an hour or so. God willing...

But Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea is warming me up from the inside. Making me smile too. It's a wonderful combination... tea and sunshine. I just received word from the fencing equipment company that my order will be shipped today. Took a bit longer than expected because they made my uniform jacket to order. My measurements didn't fit any of the off-the-rack sizes. If I hadn't lost so much weight they could have given me an extra-large, but these days that size would swim around my waist. Yippee!!!! Yippee!!! Yippee!!! So I wind up with a custom-made jacket but at off-the-rack prices.

There is an international tournament sponsored by the Royal Thai Navy coming up in the middle of January, and the Fencing Master invited me to join his team, but I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I'll need more than three or four weeks of practice... Now I know I can hold my own and not embarrass myself, but I'd prefer to know that I can win...

OK... more Yorkshire tea, and then a trip to visit the Food Lady!!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #27102
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Plain old Taylor's Coffee, served black and in a large mug.

Good morning one and all ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #27103
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Yuck. Have you called a doc yet? 102 is high enough you probably should....
He is old enough that we are suppose to call at 103, which we did. He went to the emergency room and has the Flu, strain A. He is going to his pediatritian today.

We are getting conflicting information. Our pediatritian said to keep meds to a certain level until he is older then 2, the hospital said we were under dosing him by half because of his weight. So we are checking on that.

The hospital said no Tamiflu for anyone under 2, the peditrician said there was no reason to see him as long as he was on Tamiflu. We told them that he was not, they said to bring him in. Internet info says Tamflu is fine over 1 (actually fine with very specific dosages under 1) but only for treatment of symptoms.

So he is going to see his peditritian today. His fever was down to 101.4 this morning, a very nice drop probably aided by doubling the amount of Tylenol he got. He will have a lot of cuddle time with his Dad.

We figure that the two of us have been dealing with a mild version of the flu and not a cold since we both got the chills this weekend. We all got the vaccine so hopefully that means a much less severe round with the flu then without the vaccine.

Working on some Lapsang and work.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #27104
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
the hospital said we were under dosing him by half because of his weight
Recommended dosage is based on a generic, general weight for adults and children. A lot of adults and children are either under or over that general weight. I use to keep a chart taped to the inside of the children's general med box so I could check each time a cold or fever med was needed. I loved the syringe for administering liquid dosage, so much more exact and easier to give.

My son was on the low side of the height/weight table, when a toddler (not now), and his dosage was calculated down; I usually take half dose medication when needed also (this does not include antibiotics.).

I hope you all are doing better now.

*two doctors and 5 pharmacists in the family here*
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #27105
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

The pediatrician recommended a higher dose then we had been giving but less than the hospital, 5ml instead of 6 ml. And she gave him the flu meds. His fever has dropped to the low 100's, like 100.3 so much better.

Water in. MY glass

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?