Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
Mobipocket doesn't remember last page read

So, this is a new problem - so far Mobipocket files (both DRM and not-DRM) on my iLiad have been working just fine. But, today I opened a Mobipocket file I've been reading, and it opened on the first page, and not on the last page read. I've tried it a few more times, and this happened everytime.
I was wondering if anybody had the same problem, and if so, how it was solved?

p.s. This mobipocket file was created from pdf file in Mobipocket Desktop Reader.
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Perhaps the .mbp file isn't being created or is corrupted. If there is a .mbp file, I suggest seeing what happens if you delete it.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #3
rai
Enthusiast

You're right - .mbp file isn't being created. Any idea how to deal with that? Thanks!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Is the book on a memory card? Did the card somehow get write protected?

Another idea, are there any funny characters in the filename?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
rai
Enthusiast

The file is on the SD card. I think that might be the problem bc I tried the same file on the iLiad internal memory and there it worked fine. Thanks!
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So somehow it can't create/edit the file on the SD card. I'm guessing either write protection, the card is full, the card is corrupted... etc. Something along those lines.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:36 AM   #7
velusamys
velusamys began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
When i open the Mobi file its open in the last read page. But i want it to open in the in the first page.

I have tired using the Mobi pocket creator in that guide item.I have mention the start in the guide item and i use the table of contents as the filename. But still mobi file open in the last read page.
velusamys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by velusamys View Post
When i open the Mobi file its open in the last read page. But i want it to open in the in the first page.

I have tired using the Mobi pocket creator in that guide item.I have mention the start in the guide item and i use the table of contents as the filename. But still mobi file open in the last read page.
That's basically the default behavior on the iLiad. One work around you can do is to switch back to page 1 before you close the document. That will cause it to think that the first page was the "last page read". You have to do it each time, which is kind of a pain, but it should work.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
So, this is a new problem - so far Mobipocket files (both DRM and not-DRM) on my iLiad have been working just fine. But, today I opened a Mobipocket file I've been reading, and it opened on the first page, and not on the last page read. I've tried it a few more times, and this happened everytime.
I was wondering if anybody had the same problem, and if so, how it was solved?
I had the same problem. First it turned out the SD card was indeed write-protected. I moved the little switch to "off" position, but it never worked again.
I moved all my stuff to a CF card, no issues since.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote