Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #46
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
ME 2 Tubemonkey Me 2 Esp when you need extra storage when your not near a WiFi so you can watch a movie when bored LOL
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:05 AM   #47
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Watch videos on vacation. Kinda hard to do with the measly 6GB of available storage.
Vacations are for relaxing and not watching videos
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #48
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Vacations are for relaxing and not watching videos
Exactly.

The thing is, video STORAGE is pretty much the last thing people want on their devices. You can barely fit a whole TV season, along with your favorite apps and pictures, on the standard iPhone/iPad/Android+Windows phone/tablet. Are you really going to spend that $100 more just so you can load those 10 movies you want to carry around? You know... DVDs and DVD players last quite a bit longer... 10 years even. You're going to replace that thing in two years anyway.

A phone/tablet is not a backup device, people NEED to stop looking at them that way. Load the three films you want to watch on the road, sure, but don't complain that you can't fit your entire library on them. It's not going to change, believe me.

I'm sick of the people who complain about the Kindle Fire in these forums who don't actually own the device or any similar device. I personally have had the same feelings in the past, but I quickly found out that having 100,000 tracks and 20 100MB movies that I'd probably never listen to/watch again until months/years later wasn't worthwhile and that most of it was better off sitting in my hard drive and a shelf to grab whenever I needed it.

Not having access to internet isn't Amazon's problem, not having a credit card isn't either. It's not just about you. While the Fire is geared towards those who don't have a lot of money for the better tablets, Amazon KNOWS that you will spend those saved $300 on the content they're providing.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:58 PM   #49
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
I'm a fire owner and a happy one. I don't need a camera or video storage capacities but would like to see added capacity if only because in one month's time I ran out of space for apps and keep having to go and delete all the free games even before ive had a chance to try them.

I do think that the fire could benefit from

a) more, better app storage

b) more fire-specific apps so functionality (move to sd-card prompts anyone?) Differences between it and non-fire devices wouldn't seem so glaringly in favor of those non-fire devices

c) the addition of gps if only so that mapping/directions functions which REALLY can befit Drona larger more legible screen than your avg phone could become useful on the road. Even if lost finding a free wiring signal is getting increasingly more easy/likely so pulling up a good map you can keep open wont be too hard.

D) a mic would be nice as would porting all the great "content creation"
Eg, guitar tuner and instrument related apps that are out there for android and Iphone. Even with only 6gb having the ability to use your portable device as your amplifier or as a means to lay down a quick track when jamming with someone onthe go could open up another huge market for Amazon. Especially in the sale of recorded music and instructional materials and sheet music etc etc.
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #50
enrigonz
enrigonz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire |iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Exactly.

The thing is, video STORAGE is pretty much the last thing people want on their devices. You can barely fit a whole TV season, along with your favorite apps and pictures, on the standard iPhone/iPad/Android+Windows phone/tablet. Are you really going to spend that $100 more just so you can load those 10 movies you want to carry around? You know... DVDs and DVD players last quite a bit longer... 10 years even. You're going to replace that thing in two years anyway.

A phone/tablet is not a backup device, people NEED to stop looking at them that way. Load the three films you want to watch on the road, sure, but don't complain that you can't fit your entire library on them. It's not going to change, believe me.

I'm sick of the people who complain about the Kindle Fire in these forums who don't actually own the device or any similar device. I personally have had the same feelings in the past, but I quickly found out that having 100,000 tracks and 20 100MB movies that I'd probably never listen to/watch again until months/years later wasn't worthwhile and that most of it was better off sitting in my hard drive and a shelf to grab whenever I needed it.

Not having access to internet isn't Amazon's problem, not having a credit card isn't either. It's not just about you. While the Fire is geared towards those who don't have a lot of money for the better tablets, Amazon KNOWS that you will spend those saved $300 on the content they're providing.
I like this reply and I actually feel the same, I still don't get why anyone will want to keep a library of any kind of media in their devices, specially movies, to watch more than once. I also like the comment about vacation, it should be about the actual vacation and not so much about watching a collection of movies on a tablet. There's actually many other devices do that very well and I understand some people want for these computers to do everything but that's just kind of impossible at this time. I would actually love for these tablets to be better content creation devices but at the time even my iPad is years away from it replacing my desktop.
enrigonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #51
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
KF2 needs:

* to be the same size. I love the form factor
* have bluetooth
* software upgrade. I am not in love with the UI

What the KF2 could have:

* mic
* "Bloodtooth (someone mentioned this earlier. I have no idea what it is, but it sounds stellar.
* more onboard storage

I do not need a camera, and I don't see it ever getting an SD card slot. The KF really is a device for consumption of Amazon product, and an SD card slot reduces that -particular profit angle for Amazon
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #52
Redcard
Addict
Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Redcard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Here's some facts. Every Kindle has gone down in cost, and the KF is already a loss leader. Now, I've already mentioned that Android is moving away from having external SD cards , instead, the KF has an "internal non-removable SD card". This is a decision android and google and all have made to benefit the hardware developers as well as to remove some major issues that removable media causes in the Android OS.

I do not think the KF2 will have bluetooth, because that adds cost. It will not have GPS ever, because GPS basically adds $50-$90. It MAY someday get an FM chip or similar, but I doubt it, because it's purpose is to buy amazon stuff. It will NEVER get 3G. It will likely never get bluetooth.

AMZN is already losing money on each KF sold. The only way they could add GPS, and Bluetooth, and a mic, is to add $100-$150 to the final cost.. and even THEN they'll still be losing money.
Redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #53
moyogi2
ereader apprentice guru
moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moyogi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony PRS-T1, Sony 300 (so far)
I'm waiting for Kindle Fire 3
moyogi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #54
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyogi2 View Post
I'm waiting for Kindle Fire 3
Better to wait for the Fire 3S.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #55
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Most definitely. The device is useless without one.
100% agree
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #56
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
The thing is, video STORAGE is pretty much the last thing people want on their devices.
It's one of the first things I want. A 16GB card will store enough videos for a two week vacation.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #57
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I bought a 7" Android tablet that has SD card storage so I can take my music library wherever I go. I hook up my 7" Acer A100 in the car and listen to music while driving. I do stream movies/TV shows to the device, but I don't store videos on the card because I'm usually at home. I have found bluetooth and HDMI to be very useful on my tablet too.

Unlike most people, I don't have a cellphone or an iPod. The Kindle Fire is too limited for me personally, but I do think it's a fantastic device. The Fire meets the needs of many people perfectly. I guess it depends on how you want to use it.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #58
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
I'm waiting for the Kindle Fire 3D!
- Ralph Kramden
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #59
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Maybe Amazon will soon sell the ...

... iFire 1

... KindlePad 2

And both will give access to the AppleStore !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #60
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
If there was a BIT more storage on the fire, I would have copped one, but I really wanna be able to carry around a couple of Gigs of PDFs (and some other stuff too), so I went for a Xoom (on sale for 275 bucks) instead... works great so far (although the Kindle app on Android makes me wanna say goodbye to Kindle forever, which I probably will if they don't release Personal Documents soon for it)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote