Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
Patita
Patita began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wireless
Kobo wireless - battery life

I have a one-year old Kobo wireless. I was checking the Kobo customer care pages and found two claims about battery life. First in a post by Bob Gmeindl on Jan. 7:

"If you charge the Kobo eReader once a week, even after 5 years the battery will still have a 20% of its capacity left."

In another post by the same person on the same day:

"If charged fully once a week, the battery's capacity will only drop by 20% after 5 years."

These are not the same thing at all. Does anyone here have any idea what this means?

I don't use my Kobo enough to comment usefully on the battery life except to say that my impression has been that it hasn't been great. I'm going to try to actually test it now. But I was curious about the above statement.

Thanks
Patita
Patita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The newest one is right, after 5 years of so you should have around 80% battery capacity left.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery, battery life, kobo, wireless