Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Dolphin Browser now on iPad

If you guys have not tried Dolphin browser before, I truly recommended it now that is available for iPad too. It's not just free, but have a lot of neat and useful features like tabs, gestures, that default browser for Android and iPad does not.

I've been using it on my Android devices for almost a year. Really fast and convenient.

Here is the link: http://usat.ly/pSI6WZ
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
If you guys have not tried Dolphin browser before, I truly recommended it now that is available for iPad too. It's not just free, but have a lot of neat and useful features like tabs, gestures, that default browser for Android and iPad does not.

I've been using it on my Android devices for almost a year. Really fast and convenient.

Here is the link: http://usat.ly/pSI6WZ
Nice but has several glaring flaws - unlike the Android version, the IOS version does not allow for setting a homepage, has very few customizations, and no easy way to import bookmarks. I'll stick with Atomic Browser for now although the gestures are nice in Dolphin.
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@emt,

hmm, I'm at work now. I just read the news this morning and played a few seconds with it. Did notice the bookmark issue though. But I need to give more time myself for a more solid opinion.

However, just because it has tab, it is better than Safari in my opinion. I really "hate" having to go back and choose windows with Safari on iPad, don't like it!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
FYI, the iPad version of Safari is getting proper tabs in iOS 5.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
IMAO Terra is the best web browser for the iPad.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/terra...394704159?mt=8
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
cakefordinner
cakefordinner began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and iPhone 4
I tried Atomic Lite and went ahead and purchased the full version. Too bad I didn't see Terra, or 2 others I found; LastPass and NightBrowser. Those three were free...oh, well. Atomic was only 99¢.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/night...375488825?mt=8
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lastp...372722009?mt=8

I'm going to try LastPass and NightBrowser and see if I like them as well as Atomic...plus, we'll see what Safari's like when they put out iOS 5. I still prefer Firefox on my iMac.
cakefordinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
IMAO Terra is the best web browser for the iPad.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/terra...394704159?mt=8
That would be nice!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
emt
Nameless Being

Tried Terra But...

no obvious way to set a bookmark as homepage = fail! IDK why browser developers fail to include such simple stuff. In their rush to bring "new and wonderful features" they overlook even the most rudimentary conveniences as the aforementioned, ability to change fonts, etc...

I'll stick with Atomic Browser until IOS5 and then look at the new Safari.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #9
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I have recently bought iCab Mobile and it has replaced Safari as my "default" browser (even though you can't choose a default browser in iOS, which I hope will be corrected in the new version). I like that you can download file and even upload on some sites. I haven't used those features a lot yet but I appreciate that they are there. It has tabs too. I don't know about choosing a home page, I never use that option myself.

Now I'm thinking I should have tried Atomic browser too, I saw several people recommending it. But for the moment I'm happy with iCab. It's not free though.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote