Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
MobiPocket Creator -> PDF to MOBI -> Gray Font on Kindle 3

It seems when I convert some of my PDFs to MOBI on MobiPocket Creator 4.2 (the latest version), and put it onto my Kindle by way of USB Cable, when I open it on my Kindle, the font looks grayer than other MOBI files I have created in the past.

I do not understand why this is the case since MobiPocket seems to convert it to MOBI from PDF by way of the "searchable text".

Can anyone explain to me why this is the case, why some MOBIs that I have created have the correct shade of black, and other MOBIs that I have created with the same app are grayer and lighter in color.

It's not a glitch with the Kindle since I have tried these files on two separate Kindles.

Thanks

Last edited by SunLight; 01-01-2011 at 11:49 PM.
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hmm it may be totally unrelated but I've had something similar recently.

I was converting a PDF to rtf then mobi and placing on my Kindle. When I started reading the document, the text had two shades of grey from paragraph to paragraph.

I opened up the rtf copy I had saved in wordpad and after messing about found it was due to character encoding I think. So I selected the whole doc - made sure I saved the whole lot in the same font and with the same encoding - Western European ? I can't remember but it fixed the problem I had as everything was now the same.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
Mirca Yang
Mirca Yang began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hi,
This maybe unrelated to the real subject but since I've been trying to convert one file of .pdf to txt or word before to mobi, I can't seem to read the characters (korean) on both text and word... I have to do this conversion as one user suggested because I am not able to read an ebook .pdf file on my iLiad.
Any idea how to get the conversion done with the 'korean fonts' included?
Thank you.
Mirca Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
No offense but how is that even closely related, can you ask your question in another thread.
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote