Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 03:12 AM   #46
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
Tried, it said cannot open for read: Permission denied.
Were you root (# prompt) or non-root ($ prompt) when you ran that command?
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #47
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Frankly I don't remember.

You're right Simon, It's really dangerous and I'm more reluctant to do it. As you said I'm even not sure whether modified cramfs image will fit back to PRS T1 because DejaVu Sans is about 10 larger of the font you suggested I need to replace. I need more input from people how are more knowledgeable than I'm.

Last edited by giosa; 02-04-2012 at 09:36 AM.
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #48
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Quote:
Tried, it said cannot open for read: Permission denied.
Frankly I don't remember.
By default, a terminal session will run as an unprivileged user. That user will not have the privileges to read from the block device (which would explain your "Permission denied" error). You'd need to use the su command first (which will give you a # prompt), and then run the dd command.

If you were already root when you ran the dd command, then I'm stumped.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #49
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Yep your right, I've used su command switched to # and dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk2p5 of=/mnt/sdcard/mmcblk2p5_fonts.img worked. I've copied mmcblk2p5_fonts.img to PC and going to see what's inside.

Thanks Simon!

Cheers Giorgi

Last edited by giosa; 02-04-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #50
giosa
Connoisseur

@Simon,

How do you know I need to replace tt0003m_.ttf ?

P.S. I've modified mmcblk2p5_fonts.img, extracted contents renamed the font I wanted to be added to tt0003m_.ttf replaced original tt0003m_.ttf and repack img back. And the img file is about 12MB vs 16MB of the original.

Now I need to make sure i've replaced correct file.

There's font called Original in the fonts list if you got to reader software menu and try change fonts. It looks like to me as if it were system font, what you think guys?

Last edited by giosa; 02-04-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #51
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Quote:
@Simon,

How do you know I need to replace tt0003m_.ttf ?
A guess . This font is also present on the older Sony models (at least my PRS350).

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #52
flyingdog
flyingdog began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
I've made the following: Entered into recovery mode by using the app "@Test Mode"
Then, started Terminal emulator and typed the command

dd if=/dev/mmcblk2p5 of=/mnt/sd/mmcblk2p5_fonts.img

the result was

dev/mmcblk2p5: cannot open for read: No such file or directory

Any help much appreciated.
I am happy that you are making such good progresses on your case.. for me .. I am sad here, stuck in trouble to get a shell access to this device.. there is no way.. I am starting thinking that, for the original version of the T1, porkupan or the others, just un-soldered the block memory from the mother board to dump it

How and where did you get the file to access the @Test Mode?

this is interesting
flyingdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup, dump, image, link2sd