Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #31
Neurozool
Neurozool began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
It sound like this will just keep getting better and better- Awesome!

I have the book on my computer and can see the italics on that copy. I am not sure I am allowed to post any examples as it is not my work and is not published yet by the author. I will see if I can set it so that the italics show. It is great to know that it is possible.

My main issue now is that there are only 10 bookmark slots, but I see that this issue will be addressed very soon. I look forward to trying it out! Will you post the apk here? Finding a working download link was hard as my Archos 5 does not have the market.

Thank you again.
Neurozool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #32
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
1) I would like to be able to find the same page on my hanlin v3 and my android phone easily I mostly read on my Hanlin reader but sometimes when I am stuck without it for a 10-15 minutes I would like to be able to continue my reading.

2) Ability to browse Dropbox from inside coolreader so I can access my calibre library that I store their.

3) Donate with Paypal button somewhere inside as I can't buy from the market
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #33
macr0t0r
Connoisseur
macr0t0r doesn't littermacr0t0r doesn't litter

Device: Palm Treo 680, Sony Reader
Okay, I had time to mess around with it some more. A couple issues:

1: Doesn't seem to respect page breaks in the ePub (@page). I notice that my chapters seem to be all squished together.

2: The footnotes (links) feature does not respect anchors. It will get to the proper html file within the ePub, but it always selects the top.
Example link:
<a href="book_split_003.html#footnote5" class="footnoteBack">return</a>

Otherwise, it's looking pretty good. Keep it up!

- Jim
macr0t0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:09 AM   #34
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurozool View Post
I have the book on my computer and can see the italics on that copy. I am not sure I am allowed to post any examples as it is not my work and is not published yet by the author. I will see if I can set it so that the italics show. It is great to know that it is possible.
Just try using non-Droid font (which one doesn't have italics as I suspect).
Place .ttf on SD card as I described above and select in options / font face.
I believe, problem with Italic should disappear.
(Coolreader itself cannot create italic characters by modification of normal characters)

Quote:
My main issue now is that there are only 10 bookmark slots, but I see that this issue will be addressed very soon. I look forward to trying it out!
Actially, 10 slots are for shortcut bookmarks (on devices with hardware keyboard, you can long press 0..9 key to set bookmark with corresponding shortcut, and short press 0..9 to go to corresponding bookmark position.
Arbitrary (unlimited) number of bookmarks is already supported in engine, but doesn't have GUI to use them.

Quote:
Will you post the apk here? Finding a working download link was hard as my Archos 5 does not have the market.
I'll upload all versions (published on Market) on SourceForge downloads page.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 AM   #35
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
1) I would like to be able to find the same page on my hanlin v3 and my android phone easily I mostly read on my Hanlin reader but sometimes when I am stuck without it for a 10-15 minutes I would like to be able to continue my reading.
Are you using CoolReader to read books on V3? Or Adobe reader?
Which format are you reading?
If it's possible to move SD card from Hanlin to Andoid device, it's possible to modify CoolReader on both devices, to save last position and bookmarks to file on SD card, in the same directory where book is located.

Quote:
2) Ability to browse Dropbox from inside coolreader so I can access my calibre library that I store their.
I can add this feature if there is any library/API for dropbox on Android.

Quote:
3) Donate with Paypal button somewhere inside as I can't buy from the market
I have PayPal account, but unfortunately, PayPal doesn't allow send money to accounts registered in Russia.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:22 AM   #36
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am using coolreader for reading on my Hanlin v3 and changing sd card is not an option. If I could just see the percentage in Hanlin then I could easily find the place on Android. Wont work the other way around as you can't navigate by percentage in hanlin.

Dropbox api is here
https://www.dropbox.com/developers/releases
Old 01-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #37
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
I am using coolreader for reading on my Hanlin v3 and changing sd card is not an option. If I could just see the percentage in Hanlin then I could easily find the place on Android. Wont work the other way around as you can't navigate by percentage in hanlin.

Dropbox api is here
https://www.dropbox.com/developers/releases
I can add "Go to percent" to hanlin version of CoolReader. Do you have V3 or V3+?

Thank you for DropBox link.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #38
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
I can add "Go to percent" to hanlin version of CoolReader. Do you have V3 or V3+?

Thank you for DropBox link.
I am using v3 I tried your latest update released on the 6th and I cannot open any epubs with it (am talking about v3)
Old 01-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #39
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
I am using v3 I tried your latest update released on the 6th and I cannot open any epubs with it (am talking about v3)
Something is wrong with this firmware image for V3. CR doesn't start at all. Versions for V3+/V5 work ok.
Will try to make working firmware update.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #40
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
I can add this feature if there is any library/API for dropbox on Android.
Rest sure there is: TitaniumBackup allows to keep apps' backups and sync them with dropbox.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #41
Carl314
Enthusiast
Carl314 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Motorola Droid with Aldiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Rest sure there is: TitaniumBackup allows to keep apps' backups and sync them with dropbox.
Wouldn't OPDS support work even better? That way we can export our calibre libraries to dropbox, and then download books sorted by tags, author, title, etc. using cool reader? (Aldiko supports this, and I understand that Moon+ does as well, but have not tried it on the latter).

Cheers, Carl.
Carl314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #42
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
For books, OPDS would work, but I imagine that users would like to have their reading set-up backed up, particularly when there are so many options as in CoolReader. E.G I just bought an Advent Vega (10 inch tablet) and I have a different configuration than in my Samsung Galaxy S (4 inch smartphone), for example the double column mode.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:07 AM   #43
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
For books, OPDS would work, but I imagine that users would like to have their reading set-up backed up, particularly when there are so many options as in CoolReader. E.G I just bought an Advent Vega (10 inch tablet) and I have a different configuration than in my Samsung Galaxy S (4 inch smartphone), for example the double column mode.
Plus with dropbox something like whisper sync could be possible for android devices meaning you could use different devices to read the same ebook without loosing your place.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #44
Neurozool
Neurozool began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
Quote:
Actially, 10 slots are for shortcut bookmarks (on devices with hardware keyboard, you can long press 0..9 key to set bookmark with corresponding shortcut, and short press 0..9 to go to corresponding bookmark position.
Arbitrary (unlimited) number of bookmarks is already supported in engine, but doesn't have GUI to use them.
My Archos does not have a hard keyboard, so I rely on the quick book marks. Maybe just a genetic bookmark button like Kindle, then in the 'Go to' section you could have "bookmarks" where it would list them all.

Quote:
I'll upload all versions (published on Market) on SourceForge downloads page.
I tried to download from this location, but the format is not apk and my device could not run it. I ended up tracking it down else where and saving it to my computer then dragging it on to the Archos, opening it and running it before it would install. Totally worth it, but man...what a pain.

What do you think that the chances you might make a pay version with extra features for proof-readers? A few ideas if you do- a built in word doc like Think Free with a keyboard with correction short hand keys. (characters for remove- put a slash though letters, words, punctuation, ect)

Thanks again!
Neurozool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #45
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
I tried to download from this location, but the format is not apk and my device could not run it.
You must have looked in the wrong place then. The Android APK files really are there on SourceForge when I looked.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader