Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Deregistering epubs: How?

Hello, all:

I'll be selling my jetBook in a few days when I visit the U.S. and wish to deregister it. It has the current version firmware which allows it to read DRM epubs.

What special procedure should I use?

Thanks.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
I believe that all you have to do is a reset. (Stick pin into hole in back of jetbook).

To make sure that it is"deregistered", I would connect to ADE and see if ADE asks if you want to authorize the jetbook.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I doubt that that would be enough.

First there is a relationship between your device and a copy of the ADE software running
on a particular computer, if it has been "authorized". There is also a relationship
established between that computer and an Adobe web site, where a unique "AdobeID"
is recorded for both your computer and your device. (Adobe is an evil empire, after all)

There is an option to unauthorize the device in the ADE software's Library section for
that device (its a right-click option, I believe). What that actually accomplishes in
terms of Adobe web site data, I have no idea.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote