Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
stongpa
stongpa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
windows 7 problem

Ever since I upgraded my PC to windows 7, I can't browse kindle in USB mode any more. Anytime I connected my kindle 2 to the PC, win 7 somehow thinks it is a media device and start to build a library out of it, it takes almost 20 minutes and the OS does not remember it, the next time I hook the k2 to it, win7 will do the same thing again.

Anybody else see the same problem? Any tips will be appreciated!

Last edited by stongpa; 01-13-2010 at 12:29 AM.
stongpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You can try this troubleshooting tip from the Kindle support page.

Quote:
1. Disconnect Kindle from computer.
2. Restart Kindle by pressing Home > Menu > Settings > Menu and select "Restart."
3. Connect the Kindle to a USB port on the back of your computer.
4. Restart your computer with the Kindle connected to it.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
stongpa

Thanks, just tried, it didn't work. windows explorer keeps showing the green progress bard at the address bar location and the window explorer locks up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You can try this troubleshooting tip from the Kindle support page.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Have you tried using different USB ports or another computer? If neither one of those works, I suggest contacting Amazon in case you have a defective unit.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Be sure to use a USB port on the BACK of the PC - there are known power issues on ports located on the front of a PC.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
stongpa

Thank you!, switching to a back USB port worked!

Last edited by stongpa; 01-15-2010 at 01:15 AM.