Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #241
albaran
albaran began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O - Nook Touch Glow
Thanks, GERGE. Using modified OTF files (fine space added). Change Glyph first. Change Weight to add 12em to the regular font. Generating to TTF with Hints TrueType option unticked.

Works well with the Kobo Aura H2O. All fonts display nicely.
albaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 01:01 PM   #242
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you like, I can add in proper hinting to Gentium Basic and post it here for download for you to have a look at.
Hi JSWolf,

I'd gladly take you up on that offer It would be interesting if you could post a small how-to at the same time...

Thanks in advance...
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2015, 06:22 AM   #243
wakkaday
Groupie
wakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy bluewakkaday can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Oasis
Can we add the new kindle font to the kobo when it's released
wakkaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #244
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
Can we add the new kindle font to the kobo when it's released
Technically, yes. Legally, no - it's a copyrighted font. The "Bookerly" font has been available on the Kindle Apps for a while now, by the way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #245
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The "Bookerly" font has been available on the Kindle Apps for a while now, by the way.
I don't know which Kindle app you're using but it's not available on my phone's Kindle for Android app (4.13.0.193)
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #246
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't know which Kindle app you're using but it's not available on my phone's Kindle for Android app (4.13.0.193)
It's only been available on the Kindle app on the Fire tablets and on the iOS Kindle app. The Android app will be updated in the future, apparently.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #247
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
It's only been available on the Kindle app on the Fire tablets and on the iOS Kindle app. The Android app will be updated in the future, apparently.
Thanks for the info.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #248
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Bookerly font has not been released outside of Kindle Apps and the PW3. So unless it is available outside of Amqazon's ecosystem, the answer to using Bookerly on your Kobo is no.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:40 PM   #249
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Sorry, I should have said. I'm using the iOS Kindle App (on my iPhone).
Old 06-21-2015, 02:57 AM   #250
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
You shouldn't put the Bookerly in the iOS apps anyway, it clearly says for LCD in the file name. Wait for new Paperwhite, someone will upload it to somewhere then.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:40 AM   #251
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
You shouldn't put the Bookerly in the iOS apps anyway, it clearly says for LCD in the file name. Wait for new Paperwhite, someone will upload it to somewhere then.
Anyone who posted a link to such an upload, though, would be instantly banned from MR, so that really wouldn't be a good idea.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #252
Diruuo
Enthusiast
Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura
Probably a silly question but can I switch between the various versions within a font family? Switching between bold/italic/regular?

Also would adding Literata to this list be possible? I don't know if that font family is copyrighted like the Amazon font but if not that font should definitely be added as it's designed for reading ebooks.

Also is it worth enabling the advanced settings for sideloaded fonts? I still don't understand what those settings do, I literally never used them.
Diruuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #253
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diruuo View Post
Probably a silly question but can I switch between the various versions within a font family? Switching between bold/italic/regular?
No, you cannot switch between bold/itaic/bolditalic/regular. The eBook you are reading determines which variation is displayed and when.

Quote:
Also would adding Literata to this list be possible? I don't know if that font family is copyrighted like the Amazon font but if not that font should definitely be added as it's designed for reading ebooks.
Yes, it might be possible to ad Literata. If it's only for personal use, give it a try.

Quote:
Also is it worth enabling the advanced settings for sideloaded fonts? I still don't understand what those settings do, I literally never used them.
It is worth enabling the advanced font settings. What they do is allow you to change the weight of a given font so it will be as you like it. For example, if you find a font is too light, just up the weight until it's dark enough for you to comfortably read with. This does not work with all fonts, but when it does work, it works very well.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #254
Diruuo
Enthusiast
Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Diruuo is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No, you cannot switch between bold/itaic/bolditalic/regular. The eBook you are reading determines which variation is displayed and when.

Yes, it might be possible to ad Literata. If it's only for personal use, give it a try.

It is worth enabling the advanced font settings. What they do is allow you to change the weight of a given font so it will be as you like it. For example, if you find a font is too light, just up the weight until it's dark enough for you to comfortably read with. This does not work with all fonts, but when it does work, it works very well.
Thank you for the VERY quick reply! In regards to the first question - i thought as much, was just curious. I assume it's used for highlights and speech or the like.

I got the Literata font already and it is very pretty, like... I can't even explain how nice it looks. It's a bit light so I might unlock the advanced settings so that I can tinker with that.

On second though I seem unable to find a definitive guide for unlocking said settings... Can you point me in the right direction?

Last edited by Diruuo; 09-04-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Diruuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:05 PM   #255
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diruuo View Post
Thank you for the VERY quick reply! In regards to the first question - i thought as much, was just curious. I assume it's used for highlights and speech or the like.

I got the Literata font already and it is very pretty, like... I can't even explain how nice it looks. It's a bit light so I might unlock the advanced settings so that I can tinker with that.

On second though I seem unable to find a definitive guide for unlocking said settings... Can you point me in the right direction?
Have a read of the following post.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=192