Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 09-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #1
moondbeam
moondbeam began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Bricked?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any help in responding. I've looked at several various posts of people reporting they have, or may have 'bricked' their nc. All of them seem to at least be able to turn the device on. I am unable even to turn the device on and this came about while trying to root with using an sdcard with the latest cyanogenmod stable build on there. Is their anything I can do to get the device back into a working order or is it shot?

Thanks again for any and all replies, (even the negative ones hating on a newbie =P)

Last edited by moondbeam; 09-16-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: there instead of their
moondbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
What process did you use to root it? How far did it go?

The NC should still be able to boot from a recovery SD card or from an SD card with an image.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondbeam View Post
Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer any help in responding. I've looked at several various posts of people reporting they have, or may have 'bricked' their nc. All of them seem to at least be able to turn the device on. I am unable even to turn the device on and this came about while trying to root with using an sdcard with the latest cyanogenmod stable build on there. Is their anything I can do to get the device back into a working order or is it shot?

Thanks again for any and all replies, (even the negative ones hating on a newbie =P)
Hold the power button down and count slowly to 20. Let it go, then hold it again until the device boots.

I've had to do that every time I've installed CM7 or updated it.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote