Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
T1 strange behavour

logged off wi-fi (was in the browser on facebook) the screen went dark then white and the circling arrows appeared.... then it flipped to black again then white/arrows this was repeated until I did a soft reset I found that all my settings had been deleted.. everything including time/date/language/web bookmarks/drm authorization .. stored password... everything... the reset seem to cure the fit... the question is .. doesthis indicate a problem with the web browser? or is it just a one off funny.. anyone had a similar experience ???
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The only issue I've had with a T1 was the first time it ran out of power. The screen was blank and it would not turn on. I plugged it into the computer and it started to reboot. So I left it plugged in until it fully booted and then unplugged it. It then shut down because of the not enough power. So I plugged in to the AC adaptor and it booted and was OK to use while it was being charged.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No... this one was fully charged .. but I did have an experience similar to yours when I let the battery get too low... now I (wall) charge it when it gets down to one bar
Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bla View Post
logged off wi-fi (was in the browser on facebook) the screen went dark then white and the circling arrows appeared.... then it flipped to black again then white/arrows this was repeated until I did a soft reset I found that all my settings had been deleted.. everything including time/date/language/web bookmarks/drm authorization .. stored password... everything... the reset seem to cure the fit... the question is .. doesthis indicate a problem with the web browser? or is it just a one off funny.. anyone had a similar experience ???
Something like this happened to me a couple weeks ago. I had to reauthorize and everything. It was really frustrating because at the time it happened, I was away from home with no access to wifi nor home computer. I couldn't read any of my books because they all had DRM warnings, until I was able to get to a place with wifi, log onto the Sony store, and reauthorize. It hasn't happened again so far. I did have another lockup/reset a few days later, but that time after I reset everything was normal, hadn't lost anything.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
bla
E bookworm

Yeah it was a pain but all seems normal now I have been back on/off wi-fi/browser with no problems.... must be just a one-off sw melt-down... it happens
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
This is a known issue. There have been several threads in the past. It has happened to me too a few times. The good news is that people seem to agree that it happens infrequently. I have not had this same behavior occur on my T2. It seems more stable.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I've had my PRS-T1 for about a year, using it daily, and this was the first time it happened to me. Hope it's at least that long before it happens again!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote