Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 03:11 AM   #16
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
I guess I'm just saying that the title of the video ought to reflect that it's the first in a 3-part series rather than selling itself as a video going over 9 reasons in 10 minutes. Because it's not. There's nothing wrong with doing a series of videos, but if you do that you need to label your videos appropriately with suffixes like "part 1" or "1 of 3" or "reasons 1 through 3".

Also, the video doesn't even get to the first reason until about 6 minutes in. The first 5 minutes are a funny but otherwise irrelevant anecdote about how traditional publishing works for an unknown author. That leaves about a minute per reason, which means all 9 reasons could've been covered in a single 9-10 minute video.
I agree it isn't titled the best, but that's a common failing with homemade youtube vids I think. Much like with fanfics since anyone can post the quality will vary.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #17
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyP View Post
This morning, I came across an article that contradicts your post. Here is the link: Why books are better than ebooks.

The march of technology stops for no one. This applies to all forms of technology, including reading entertainment. As such, the ebook, whether it be via a tablet like Apple’s iPad or ereader like Amazon’s Kindle, is taking the place of the traditional book. But not so fast, world! Take time to appreciate what could be lost. Here’s why books are better than ebooks – and the reasons aren’t merely sentimental. Click the link to read more about this.
I strongly prefer real books to ebooks. I prefer them in nearly every way. Unfortunately, my living space has been drastically reduced. Even before that occurrence, I had a shortage of space. Reality rules with an iron hand.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:46 AM   #18
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I thought it was quite cute actually. I look forward to the next one where he is on the speed boat living the life.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #19
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
I strongly prefer real books to ebooks. I prefer them in nearly every way. Unfortunately, my living space has been drastically reduced. Even before that occurrence, I had a shortage of space. Reality rules with an iron hand.
I prefer real ebooks to those dead-tree things in every way. I have plenty of space but I won't buy a pbook even when it is much cheaper than the ebook -- although in that case I might not get the ebook either.

Last edited by HansTWN; 11-08-2012 at 07:16 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
weltonsfancy
Enthusiast
weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weltonsfancy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
Not to , but at 8:21 the narrator says: "That's all for this episode. In episode 2, we'll see what happens when Andy's old fashioned, mass-marketed paper back becomes a best seller."

Overall, I thought it was a well-done video, although I agree that the intro section could be tightened up a bit.
(Watching the video about the 3rd pic it says Episode 1.)

I agree the intro should be tightened up a bit. Also number 1 was talked about, but 2 and 3 were not given equal time. If not enough info is given...why should I continue to watch?
weltonsfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #21
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
I prefer real ebooks to those dead-tree things in every way. I have plenty of space but I won't buy a pbook even when it is much cheaper than the ebook -- although in that case I might not get the ebook either.
It just isn't the same without the remains of a slaughtered tree in my hands.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #22
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
One of the reason that E-books are better is!

The pages do not get dogged eared!
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #23
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't think we should be too eager to bash paper books. First those will never go totally out of fashion (or at least I hope they won't) for they are a huge part of the human experience, they have been around for centuries and I have read a lot of them before the advent of electronic books.
I don't think we should just forget about those like we did vinyl discs after the advent of CD's DVD's Blurays ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #24
Fluribus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
One of the reason that E-books are better is!

The pages do not get dogged eared!
Those who touch my books get buried in the basement. I hope the new Santa doesn't make the same mistake.