Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Cover page not showing up for Free kepubs

Recently I have noticed that the free kepubs I select and sync wirelessly to my Kobo Touch show cover pages in the Book Search but on the home page have the generic bookcover so I can't tell what it is unless I open the book. No other problems with the book itself. Anyone else encountering this strange effect?
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Yes this happens sometimes. It is enormously frustrating especially with the Touch as you can't tell which book is which on the home screen.
For this reason I don't use the kepub version and never sync but prefer to download an epub into ADE which I can then modify (ie add a cover) in Calibre before loading onto my Kobo.
I read a thread just recently that suggested adding covers to kepubs may be possible in an update to Calibre soon.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
In the thread called "Calibre support for Kobo annotations" timlegge writes:
"Which brings up another recent feature. It is possible as of 0.8.23 to add kepubs to your library from the device. They are still encrypted so are pretty much useless but you can update the cover, metadata and use them to retrieve the annotations."
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Yes this happens sometimes. It is enormously frustrating especially with the Touch as you can't tell which book is which on the home screen.
For this reason I don't use the kepub version and never sync but prefer to download an epub into ADE which I can then modify (ie add a cover) in Calibre before loading onto my Kobo.
I read a thread just recently that suggested adding covers to kepubs may be possible in an update to Calibre soon.
Oh, good.. I thought something may have gone wrong in my KT or that I had filled up the sqlite DB.. 1955 books in my KT and counting.. :P
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:45 AM   #5
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
In the thread called "Calibre support for Kobo annotations" timlegge writes:
"Which brings up another recent feature. It is possible as of 0.8.23 to add kepubs to your library from the device. They are still encrypted so are pretty much useless but you can update the cover, metadata and use them to retrieve the annotations."
I know you can update the kepub cover in the Library but I have not tried updating the cover and sending it to the device. I will take a look at it.
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kepub bookcover