Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
SuzanneTF
Enthusiast
SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader/Kobo Aura One
Covers into TOC?

Hi, I'm new to all this!

So, I've been converting HTML files to EPUB with calibre. I take advantage of the custom cover feature to give my books a custom cover. However, I quickly found that it isn't just a thumbnail, but also a cover for the book (first page). This isn't a super big deal, but I was wondering how one makes the cover and title page appear in the TOC (for example, I have each chapter heading as H1 so have a lovely table of contents). But I don't know how to edit the book cover into that as it is done by calibre. I mentioned this to the developer and they told me to use Sigil or a similar program to manage it.

Help!
SuzanneTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneTF View Post
Hi, I'm new to all this!

So, I've been converting HTML files to EPUB with calibre. I take advantage of the custom cover feature to give my books a custom cover. However, I quickly found that it isn't just a thumbnail, but also a cover for the book (first page). This isn't a super big deal, but I was wondering how one makes the cover and title page appear in the TOC (for example, I have each chapter heading as H1 so have a lovely table of contents). But I don't know how to edit the book cover into that as it is done by calibre. I mentioned this to the developer and they told me to use Sigil or a similar program to manage it.

Help!
That was the correct answer. Use Sigil or other text only editor to add a H1 (in your case) <h1 class="coverpagetitle" title="Cover">&nbsp;</h1>

in the CSS
.coverpagetitle { display: none; }
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
SuzanneTF
Enthusiast
SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader/Kobo Aura One
Great! That worked.

I generally use notepad when I'm editing web pages. But am finding for ebooks I'd rather be lazy and use Word, etc. I wish they would build it into the setup of the TOC somehow, but whatever.

Last edited by SuzanneTF; 01-25-2012 at 12:03 PM.
SuzanneTF is offline   Reply With Quote