Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #76
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
Maybe HarryT wants one for work and one for home? I do that.
Pretty much that, yes. I want one to leave permanently plugged in next to my bed, and another to carry around with me in my shoulder bag.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #77
geemac
Enthusiast
geemac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 3G, Nook Glowlight, Nook HD+,Kobo Touch,Kindle Paper
Shipped

My Kindle 3G ordered on the 29th July has shipped just now

Dear Customer,
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,
We are writing to let you know that the following item has been sent to:
using Royal Mail.

geemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #78
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Same here - Royal Mail. Hubby staying in tomorrow to keep an eye out!!!
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:47 PM   #79
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congrats to everyone!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #80
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
I have a charger for micro USB that should do as a spare anyway!

I ordered on 2nd, so according to shipping estimate when originally ordered, it will be dispatched before 4th Sept.

I think there was a bit of a blip in the system with the estimated dispatch for the 'second wave' as mine said 27th this morning......but it is back to 'we will get back to you, blah blah'

Ah well, I have a lovely leather cover to caress and sniff in the meantime!

Congrats to all who have theirs - look forward to hearing how you get on! :-)
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #81
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
Oh, and yes, a few people going a bit nuts on the Amazon discussions so I have skipped that and come here for sanity.......looks like its all been delayed a day or two.....

Of course the bank holiday may have messed things up more than usual, I expect something had to go somewhere by road, and nobody will be delivering anything on Monday!

Last edited by bluemoonjules; 08-27-2010 at 02:17 PM.
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #82
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I was a bit annoyed earlier when I rang Kindle Support (I have learned not to Ring CS) and the girl said mine should be despatched sometime in the next 48 hours! I ordered in the evening of the 30th.

But I have calmed down now, nothing to be done but wait it out. Bought two more books, so now have 6 books waiting for me, assuming my Kindle arrives
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #83
ksimm
ksimm has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505s & Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Awww I'm not so sure mine is coming now. It's been stuck on Dispatching Soon since 14:30, although the money was taken out, I guess it will be next week.

Update - 22:54 Dispatched and will arrive tomorrow via citylink. YES! Don't lose hope people, they are still working hard it seems.

Last edited by ksimm; 08-27-2010 at 06:04 PM.
ksimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #84
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
For any western europeeans (Non-UK) like me who'd like some feedback, mine just got shipped, via UPS Intl. (meaning, Monday ). (Ordered early on the 29th of July).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #85
hamfitz
Enthusiast
hamfitz began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre, sony prs 650, nook
I ordered mine(wifi) on July 29th and I got an electronic shipping notice for USPS yesterday. That usually just means they printed the label so not sure if it was actually shipped out yesterday. I don't think USPS priority mail allows for tracking either. Would be nice if I get it tomorrow(saturday) so I can finish GRRM Storm of Swords on it!

lol oops sorry i misread the post title...i'm in the us not uk.

Last edited by hamfitz; 08-27-2010 at 08:23 PM.
hamfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #86
SpeckledJim
Enthusiast
SpeckledJim began at the beginning.

Device: K3 WiFi
Well I've had a cover since Thursday, and I'll have nothing to put in it until the 31st if the current estimate is to be believed. This was a first wave order, placed on the 30th of July.

Sadly for me only the K3 cover's packaging has been "frustration free". I wish I could say the same about the rest of my order.
SpeckledJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:08 AM   #87
Yidaki66
1st timer
Yidaki66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Has Dispatched now delivery expected between 7.30 - 17.30 today City Link. Traking says it is at local depot. Fingers really crossed now!!!
Yidaki66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:50 AM   #88
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Everyone in the UK who managed to get their Kindle for the weekend is very lucky. Mine has not shipped, nor is it dispatching soon so I guess that means I won't see it until the middle of next week despite ordering on the first day

However I look forward to reading everyones thoughts on the device and drooling over photos. That's life - first time I've ever been let down by Amazon as normally they are a very good company.

Anyway happy kindling everyone
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:54 AM   #89
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Everyone in the UK who managed to get their Kindle for the weekend is very lucky. Mine has not shipped, nor is it dispatching soon so I guess that means I won't see it until the middle of next week despite ordering on the first day

However I look forward to reading everyones thoughts on the device and drooling over photos. That's life - first time I've ever been let down by Amazon as normally they are a very good company.

Anyway happy kindling everyone
So you ordered on the 28th? I think you should phone Amazon and ask what's going on, because they told me that they are being sent out in the order that orders were placed. If you ordered on the 28th, yours should definitely have been sent out by now.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:00 AM   #90
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
So you ordered on the 28th? I think you should phone Amazon and ask what's going on, because they told me that they are being sent out in the order that orders were placed. If you ordered on the 28th, yours should definitely have been sent out by now.
29th - I didn't know it was available to order on the 28th? Oh well still think there's been a mess up somewhere so I'll phone them when I get up as I'm still having a lie in. Thank you.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote