Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
jsim
jsim began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Sleep mode / powering on problem

Hello everyone!

I just got my PRS-T1 yesterday and have been really happy about it so far. But today I've been experiencing some problems. The reader won't stay in sleep mode either from being inactive or forcing it by pressing the power button. It just goes into sleep mode for half a second and jumps back. The other thing I've noticed is if I completely power off the device I can't turn it back on again unless I plug in the micro USB power.
My battery is drained to 50% in just two days, I've been using it a lot but still... I have tried searching for some solutions on here and can see others having problems with power drainage after updating firmware (which I have done), but as I also have these other two problems I'm kind of at a loss to what is really going wrong here. Any ideas? Maybe I should just do a reset and start over?
jsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Doesn't sound right at all, I'd return it the only other thing I can think off is installing the newest firmware. Personally I'd just take it back though it really sounds defective.
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Mine does this every so often, but most of them don't. Exchanging it might be the best thing to do at this time.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:03 AM   #4
jsim
jsim began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks for your replys. I was really hoping returning it would not be my only option, sigh. Helen, when you say yours does it every so often does that mean you can do something to make it stop, or that it stops after draining the power or something like that?
jsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Bung it back, it's a duff 'un.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I pressed the reset button.
Also I suspect something on the screen may be causing it. Smear?piece of fluff?
I eat in bed while reading sometimes.
Overall I agree with carpetmojo unless cleaning the screen or a reset helps.
I probably should exchange mine, but it was a gift and the givers included a 3 year extended warrentee so I can still do it if it gets worse.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Yep, return it - better sooner rather than later!
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sleepmode