Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #1
Bifor
Bifor began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505 & 650
HTML to LRF problem

hi - first post so be gentle.....

I have a few HTML books that format normally when viewed in a browser. I've converted them to LRF for transfer to my Sony reader(s), but while most of the formatting is OK - well, full-out justified rather than ragged right, but I can live with that - the end sentence of each paragraph is centred instead of left justified.

This is obviously still very readable but is irksome. I've fiddled about with all the settings that I can easily find, but same result.

Can anyone suggest settings to get a left-justified LRF conversion?

(Apologies if this is an old question but I have searched and found nowt...)
Bifor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
LRF support is unmaintained as Sony discontinued the format some years back. For Sony readers epub is the recommended format going forward and in general you'll get a lot more support for that format.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2011, 09:25 PM   #3
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Depending on how many "a few" is, it might or might not justify learning how to format a book using Book Designer, which I'm pretty sure would take care of your problem. Harry T has a good tutorial available on this site on how to use the program, if you're interested.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For the 650, ePub is way way way way better then LRF. And the ePub support in Calibre is way way way way way better then LRF support. And on the 505, ePub is way way way better then LRF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
Bifor

OK, I get that epub is the way to go...

Would NE1 then tell me how to convert to epub in Calibre? IO set the software to convet ro LRF because it seems to default to that for my e-reader (PRS-650 and 505) Do I just set it to a different ereader and get epub output? And if so, which one?

Much ass grassy ass for the replies so far...
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
Bifor

Plz disregard the above post - I just noticed the drop-down box to select the output format. Been looking at it for prolly years now and never really noticing...duh...

Tnx again for advice to switch to epub
Old 05-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You can also set your preferred output format in the preferences (see preferences->behaviour).
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote