Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #346
John Bee
John Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toysJohn Bee shares his or her toys

Device: Coby Kyros, Kobo Glo
I also thank you yoq, for without nightmode, I would not be able to read at night in bed.

If I had the option of only one plugin, it would be nightmode.

Thank You!

John Bee
John Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #347
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Thank you, yog! It works very well on my Aura HD. I did not use the files under the 'extra' directory of your zipfile (kobotweaks.ini, nightmode.ini and nightmode.sh). Can you explain what these are for as they seem not to matter where nightmode is concerned?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #348
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Glad to hear it's working!

nightmode.ini is the config file with the default settings in case someone deletes the original
nightmode.sh is a sample script to show how nightmode can be switched from another program like Kobo Launcher
kobotweaks.ini is a sample config for the (now obsolete?) Kobo Tweaks
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #349
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
I'll never thank you enough yoq..
Is this version for both aura hd and aura?
It works great on my aura hd, but i rather ask before i try on my aura's girlfriend... You guys all know why!
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #350
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi Yoq,

I hadn't seen that you lived in Europe, I thought you came from USA ! where do you come from?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2014, 12:52 AM   #351
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Firmware 3.2.0 was deployed over Wi-Fi to my Aura here in Toronto this evening. Installation of kobo-nightmode_build12 was easy, as usual, and seems to be working just fine. THANK YOU again, yoq!

Update: I've now deployed build 12 to these devices, all on firmware 3.2.0; it's working on all of them:

Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Aura
Kobo Glo

Thanks!

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 03-06-2014 at 03:00 PM.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #352
Anghirrim
Seeking for Graal
Anghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipseAnghirrim can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks Yoq! Just downloaded it and will install. The only hack I have on my Glo... and the best one I've ever seen.
Anghirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #353
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Could an admin change the thread title, please? This thread applies to all font-lit Kobos now (and, realistically, is of way more use to owners of those devices than it is to Touch and Mini users). The night-mode patch works for: Kobo Aura HD, Aura, Glo, Touch, and Mini and the topic name should reflect that, no? Many thanks!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:20 AM   #354
SONOiO
SONOiO began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
I really love this mod from the beginning. But it would be very helpful to link to the most recent version from the first post - it is hard to find the last version in all these threads (as today its version 12 in Post #344).
Any admin can do this? Or actually KevinShort could do it himself ...?

Thanks a lot, SONOIO
SONOiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #355
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
I've updated the first post with the latest build (v. 12).
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #356
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I just re-installed Night Mode after a factory reset. It behaves strangely:

- It does not do a refresh when night mode is activated
- light is off, you have to raise the light level
- longPressDurationMS is ignored if you set it to zero (or "who-cares" bug)

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 03-21-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #357
peyton
Enthusiast
peyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Mini 32GB
How could i use it with Kobo start menu ? I'm on mini 3.20. Thanks !
peyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #358
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyton View Post
How could i use it with Kobo start menu ? I'm on mini 3.20. Thanks !
  • Copy the KoboRoot.tgz file from the Night Mode's installer folder to the .kobo folder of your Mini.
  • In the Kobo Start Menu select "handle update > install update."
  • In the library of nickel (the Kobo GUI) open toggle_nightmode.png to toggle the night mode on and off.

Edit: If the Night Mode was already installed, before you installed the Kobo Start Menu, you can skip steps 1 and 2.

Last edited by tshering; 04-03-2014 at 03:24 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:37 AM   #359
peyton
Enthusiast
peyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of lightpeyton is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Mini 32GB
Thanks, will try it this weekend !

edit : didn't work. It loads the picture in nickel but none arrived.

Last edited by peyton; 04-05-2014 at 05:32 AM.
peyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:59 AM   #360
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Looks like the mode is broken on 3.3
Is it just me?
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch