Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 03:22 AM   #1
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Firmware updates 4 i62ML

There are two Chinese firmwares, correcting many bugs in the previous firmwares:
1. From the official forum v 1.8 20130403
2. With informal forum v. 1.8 20130114
Because download them is very hard, they moved by us to another network drive

Есть китайские прошивки, исправляющие множество багов в предыдущей прошивке:
1. С официального форума v 20130403
2. С неофициального форума v. 1.8 20130114
Так как скачать их тяжело, то они перемещены нами на другой сетевой диск

Last edited by Kirith; 04-14-2013 at 09:18 PM. Reason: update
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
ben1111ben
ben1111ben began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox i62 ml
As far as I know, there are two versions of firefly. The degree of frontlight for second batches are lower than first batches. The v. 1.8 20130114 is only for the second batches and the v 1.8 20130106 for the first ones.
ben1111ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Is there any way to distinguish the two batches? A serial number or something like that?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #4
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1111ben View Post
As far as I know, there are two versions of firefly. The degree of frontlight for second batches are lower than first batches. The v. 1.8 20130114 is only for the second batches and the v 1.8 20130106 for the first ones.
It's not true, both are suitable for all. They difference in software.

Неправда, обе подходят ко всем. В них отличие в софте.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:39 AM   #5
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
My Firefly 4GB ereader-store bought, upgraded to 1.8 firmware 20130114 has more light output than the factory who brought.
It also seems that more contrast.
For example, with the inverted mode CoolReader indistinguishable letters and only the screen is displayed in black.
In the factory, the letters are clearly distinguishable in that mode but with a little less contrast.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sry fraylocus but what do you mean with this phrase? "For example, with the inverted mode CoolReader indistinguishable letters and only the screen is displayed in black."
Inverted mode meaning with the original firmware? Can you re-post your phrase in spanish? I speak italian so maybe I'll understand better than your english.

EDIT
(I think you mean that in Coolreader the text is more black than grey, compared to the stock firmware. But I'm finding out that in epubs double tapping for dictionary lookup doesn't work at all)

Last edited by yayo; 01-26-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
ben1111ben

下面升级包为V1.8 20130114 for BOOX Firefly (i62ML前照光版)已降低亮度的批次,包括2013年第二批到货和返厂调试的设备专用。

This is the original words on the Chinese official forum. It says that, the V1.8 20130114 for Boox Firefly (i62 ml) is for batches which have been turned down the degree of frontlight only, includes the second batches in 2013 and devices which have been returned to the factory and upgraded.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Sry fraylocus but what do you mean with this phrase? "For example, with the inverted mode CoolReader indistinguishable letters and only the screen is displayed in black."
Inverted mode meaning with the original firmware? Can you re-post your phrase in spanish? I speak italian so maybe I'll understand better than your english.

EDIT
(I think you mean that in Coolreader the text is more black than grey, compared to the stock firmware. But I'm finding out that in epubs double tapping for dictionary lookup doesn't work at all)
Reverse mode, or Night mode is a configuration option CoolReader, in which the background is black and white lettering.
It can be reached within the Advanced menu, settings, by checking the inverted screen.

In this picture, you see the effect.
The Firefly is the right and the Cybook Odisey HD Frontligth the left.

I do not have a new picture, but with the new 1.8 firmware 20130114 the contrasts is much better.
But if the font is bold only see a black spot.
With the normal source is perfect, but now the background is black and white source.
In normal mode, without activating investment in CoolReader screen, sources now displayed more black.

a greeting
Old 01-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
ben1111ben

The difference of the two versions. Left is the first and right is the second.

http://img02.taobaocdn.com/imgextra/...!305543755.gif
Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #10
yayo
Groupie

I apologize for patronizing, I'm so stupid. I didn't absolutely know Coolreader has a night mode, I'm never using it, since dictionary lookup is broken. Thanks for the info
Old 01-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
fraylocus
Groupie

A picture of how the new firmware 1.8 20130114 manages the frontlight:

Old 01-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #12
Kirith
schoolteacher

The main reason for which at Russian forum, these are a success firmware that stopped blinking lights when turning page

Главная причина по которой на русском форуме эти прошивки пользуются успехом в том, что перестала моргать подсветка при перелистывании страницы
Old 01-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
yayo
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
Reverse mode, or Night mode is a configuration option CoolReader, in which the background is black and white lettering.
It can be reached within the Advanced menu, settings, by checking the inverted screen.

In this picture, you see the effect.
The Firefly is the right and the Cybook Odisey HD Frontligth the left.

I do not have a new picture, but with the new 1.8 firmware 20130114 the contrasts is much better.
But if the font is bold only see a black spot.
With the normal source is perfect, but now the background is black and white source.
In normal mode, without activating investment in CoolReader screen, sources now displayed more black.

a greeting

btw, its been 24 years since I've read Foucault's Pendulum. Thanks for reminding me of that book, I'm getting it in ebook format ASAP.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #14
Kirith
schoolteacher

Next Update software ONYX BOOX i62ML AURORA "of MakTsentr" (Russian distributor)

Changelog 1.8 firmware 20130205:

1. Improved backlight control.
2. Added the ability to toggle switch between paging mode and citations in Cool Reader. Default is the paging mode. To record citations need to switch to the normal view screen to the menu, then Settings> Mode citations. Then select the appropriate citation in the text, again call the appropriate menu button on the status bar at the bottom and click on "reply". Citation is added, and the program automatically returns to the paging.
3. Fixed a number of known bugs.
4. Made other minor changes.

Here's a direct link to download this version of the software: http://www.onyx-boox.ru/files/i62ml/update-20130205.zip

Вышло очередное обновление программного обеспечения ONYX BOOX i62ML AURORA "от МакЦентра" (Российский дистрибьютор)

Список изменений прошивки 1.8 20130205:

1. Улучшено управление подсветкой.
2. Добавлена возможность переключения переключения между режимом листания и режимом цитат в Cool Reader. По умолчанию выставлен режим листания. Для записи цитаты нужно переключиться в Обычный вид экрана, вызвать Меню, затем Настройки > Режим цитат. После этого выделить нужную цитату в тексте, снова вызвать Меню соответствующей кнопкой в нижней строке состояния и нажать на «Добавить цитату». Цитата будет добавлена, а программа автоматически вернётся в режим листания.
3. Исправлен ряд известных ошибок.
4. Сделаны прочие мелкие изменения.

Вот прямая ссылка для скачивания этой версии ПО: http://www.onyx-boox.ru/files/i62ml/update-20130205.zip
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Hi Kirith, can you tell, if ONYX BOOX i62ML AURORA has the same hardware as ONYX BOOX i62HD FIREFLY, and if we can install this fw(1.8 firmware 20130205) on firefly?
I think I read somewhere that aurora has no sound as firefly, is it possible that we will lose this option when installing this fw?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nausica; 02-12-2013 at 02:50 PM.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote