Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
avg_user
avg_user began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Can Dropbox be installed now?

If the new firmware supports multitasking, would it be possible to install a full-blown Dropbox client on Pocketbook? I could use it to synchronize notes made in Scribble during meetings or lectures so I wouldn't lose them.

And also, do you know any alternatve to Scribble app that would be more functional, for example would make it possible to change background?

Last edited by avg_user; 10-17-2011 at 10:03 AM.
avg_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
bogomil
bogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: PB903
Scribble

Quote:
Originally Posted by avg_user View Post
And also, do you know any alternatve to Scribble app that would be more functional, for example would make it possible to change background?
I am trying to extend the scribble functionality with a combination of ash script and fbreader180. But I am still polishing them to work on 2.1.2 firmware...

Scribble Manager

Last edited by bogomil; 10-17-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: typo
bogomil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #3
bogomil
bogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Scribble

In addition to above, you can extend Scribble Manager by calling the convert tool (ported by ava1ar and included in Scribble Manager also) with proper arguments to change the background, for example.

I am also looking for a way to synchronize my notes...

Last edited by bogomil; 10-17-2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: extend
Old 10-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
avg_user

Can you tell me how to install this program? There are 3 directories:
My pictures
scribble
system
What are where should I copy? My firmware is 2.0.4, but maybe it woud work.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
bogomil

Copy these dirs in /mnt/ext1/. Run notes.app from My pictures.
Advert
Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
avg_user

How can I enter /mnt/ext1 directory? I created it in the main Pocket903 directory. However, when I try to open an application it says "Cannot start program"
Old 10-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
bogomil

Actually, it is /mnt/ext1/ dir. Unfortunatelly, I have tested it on 2.0.6/2.1.0. Try to run it from poterm and send the output.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
How can I enter /mnt/ext1 directory? I created it in the main Pocket903 directory. However, when I try to open an application it says "Cannot start program"
I may be completely wrong, but as far as I know the "/mnt/ext1" directory is basically what looks like the root directory of your device as you see it from your computer when you connect your device to it. Unless you get "root access" you won't see quite a bit of what is on the device, but e.g. I know that what looks like "G:\system\fonts" when I connect my device to my laptop is understood as "/mnt/ext1/system/fonts" by the device.

@bogomil: this looks really good, don't know how I could have missed it!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #9
avg_user

Ok, I managed to start notes.app. Unfortunately, when I start scribble.app in the same dir I get:

Atached mp shm: id 0 addr 40305000 size 17256
Atached fb shm: id 8001 addr 40389000 size 1006864
scribble.app: symbol lookup error: scribble.app: undefinied symbol: iv_get_default_font

Do you think it may be bacause of obsolete firmware?
Old 10-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #10
bogomil

Yes, I think so, scribble.app is from 2.1.0 firmware. Please, copy scribble.app from your applications directory in My pictures and try again. Do not use other projects, except main. If it is ok, please, provide your version of scribble.app and I will adapt the tool to your firmware.

@paola: thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 01:51 AM   #11
bogomil

avg_user, any news?
Old 10-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #12
avg_user

First of all, thank you very much for your help. I copied my scribble.app as u said and it worked, I saw 3 pictures. I uploaded my scribble.app it as u wish. I think I should upgrade to the newest firmware for my convenience.

Can you explain me in more details how to change background, can I change it to lines or squares and then write on it like with a paper notebook?

Still no words on Dropbox or any other way to synchronize notes, it's a pity, as then making notes on Pocketbook not only would be as comfortable as on a paper notebook, but even much better.
Attached Files
File Type: zip scribble.app.zip (11.1 KB, 296 views)
Old 10-20-2011, 01:47 AM   #13
bogomil

Quote:
First of all, thank you very much for your help. I copied my scribble.app as u said and it worked, I saw 3 pictures. I uploaded my scribble.app it as u wish. I think I should upgrade to the newest firmware for my convenience.
Hi avg_user, thank you for scribble.app. Please, note that this version of the tool does not work with > 2.1.0 firmware.

Quote:
Can you explain me in more details how to change background, can I change it to lines or squares and then write on it like with a paper notebook?
- One option - edit /scribble/_images/new.bmp and add a proper background. Afterwards all new notes, created from the tool will have this style.
! Please, do not change the size and the color depth of new.bmp.
! Please note, if you use notes tool, add new notes and delete them only from the tool, but not from the scribble app, else it will cause inconsistency between the pictures and there titles/tags/links.

- Another one - introducing `create new note from a template` in my tool.

- Regarding to convert app, used by the tool, you can consult from these sites (it is a port of ImageMagick convert utility):
ImageMagick Convert Command-line Tool
Examples of ImageMagick Usage
Fred's ImageMagick Scripts

I did not manage to make scripts which include text rendering yet.

When I stabilize the current functionality I will think about a way to sync notes with a PC.

Last edited by bogomil; 10-20-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
avg_user

Thanks, I managed to change background, it's great I will try to upgrade firmware to obtain the best functionality.

Can anyone else with automatic synchronization thing?
Old 10-23-2011, 01:06 AM   #15
bogomil

The version adapted to 2.1.2 firmware is almost ready and I will publish it next week. More options for managing was introduced so using some notes as templates can be emulate more easy.

I still not think about synchronizing. Regarding to dropbox, probably wget should be used in one direction. I found a script (Dropbox Uploader), which is suitable for the uploading, but it requires cURL app, which is missing on PB. I hope it is easy for porting because there is libcurl.so in PB libs, which probably contains the core cURL functionality. Just we should ask someone from this forum or russian one to port it.

Last edited by bogomil; 10-23-2011 at 02:16 AM.