Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
Kolfe
Enthusiast
Kolfe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
NookLibrary : Limit for number of books?

Hi,

I'm loading about 3,200 books (all epubs) into my nook. When i see them on the B&N library it list them ok.

But when i refresh the nooklibrary, it reaches the 3,200 and then quits the app. When i enter again the nooklibrary, it start to scan again.

Is there a limit for books?

I have fw 1.5 and nooklibrary version 0.1.3
Kolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
I think you'll have to use a micro sd card
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
My lord, no offense, but you are either a voracious reader or a digital packrat...

I will never read that many books in my entire life.

But yeah, get a micro sd card...unless there is a hard limit on the number of books you can have.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
Kolfe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
My lord, no offense, but you are either a voracious reader or a digital packrat...

I will never read that many books in my entire life.

But yeah, get a micro sd card...unless there is a hard limit on the number of books you can have.
Yeah... both of them

I already hve an 8gig SD Card... It is not a matter of space.. It seems to overflow memory or something like that...
Old 12-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
Kolfe
Enthusiast

OK, researching i found the following :

Up to firmware 1.4 The nook can only managed up to 1,400 books. Above that the library start giving some strenge behaviour.

In Hari's nooklibrary (for rooted nooks) the number of books to manage is up to 2,700 (as reported. Hari has only tested up to 1,000).

My experience is that 3,100 books, Hari's nooklibrary finish indexing and then quits to the main screen of the nook (without error), but when you enter again to nooklibrary it start indexing again... So i gues it's too much books for the nooklibrary to manage (maybe the covers overflow memory or somenthing like that)

Last edited by Kolfe; 12-01-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Advert
Old 12-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #6
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolfe View Post
OK, researching i found the following :

Up to firmware 1.4 The nook can only managed up to 1,400 books. Above that the library start giving some strenge behaviour.

In Hari's nooklibrary (for rooted nooks) the number of books to manage is up to 2,700 (as reported. Hari has only tested up to 1,000).

My experience is that 3,100 books, Hari's nooklibrary finish indexing and then quits to the main screen of the nook (without error), but when you enter again to nooklibrary it start indexing again... So i gues it's too much books for the nooklibrary to manage (maybe the covers overflow memory or somenthing like that)
If you could run a logcat for Hari's nooklibrary and open an issue at googlecode perhaps he could fix it in future release
spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
I ran into trouble with the B&N library before 1400 books. It would trash my "recent" titles whan sorting and came up with a random sort that was worthless. Multiple calls to B&N finally unearthed a limit that they had arrived at of 1275.

Isn't it great that a company will sell a device with a storage capacity of 35gb+ and yet saddle it with software that can only use 3% of the storage space?

Anyway, switching to softroot solved the problem. Hari was made aware of the limit about 3 months ago.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote