Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
Y|yukichigai
Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Need an app with bulk download support

My girlfriend received a Nexus 7 for Christmas, which she is thrilled about. She loves the thing, and among other things is excited to do some reading on it.

I have assembled a rather healthy Calibre library with quite a few books (epub) I am able to share with her. I figured it would be simple enough to load up my library and download the various books I have tagged for her. Problem is, in every app I try there's no "download all" button. There's not even a "download set" or "download group" etc. etc. Not only that, every program makes downloading books a matter of navigating to the folder, then the book, then view the info on the book, then find the download button, then hit back twice, repeat. I've got like 80 books I want to give her. There's GOT to be a better solution.

What program out there has this feature, or something like it? If I have to I can download to her PC first. I'd just really like to save her the time of having to sort through individual downloads one after the other, since I already had to do that getting these off the various free sources (Baen FTW).
Y|yukichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You could install Calibre Companion and use Calibre to Send to Device.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 AM   #3
Y|yukichigai
Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Y|yukichigai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Damn... that looks great, but it's not free. I'd like to avoid having to pay for a separate app for this if possible. Sorry, should've said that earlier.
Y|yukichigai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Use connect to folder in calibre and transfer via USB. Search out userr DoctorOhh in calibre forum.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #5
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Have you tried SyncMe Wireless, it is super practical to keep your device files synced to your desktop.
http://www.appbrain.com/app/syncme-w...om.bv.wifisync
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Use connect to folder in calibre and transfer via USB. Search out userr DoctorOhh in calibre forum.
I haven't tried the Connect to Folder feature via MTP. Of course you could use Connect to folder to any local folder on your computer then easily transfer the books via the file manager. That said, calibre will connect directly to the device and you can use the Send to device feature just like any other ereader, no app required.

Personally I spent the Big Bucks ($2.99) and purchased the Calibre Companion app. This App is so much better then either of the two methods I just described.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Get a network aware file manager. Then all she need to do is to save all the books to a wifi shared folder, and copy them from there. I use ES File Explorer. (It's free.)

This method can also be used to transfer any files to and from the device. Movies, pictures, audio books, music, documents and anything else, so she really should learn to do this.

The Nexus 7 also allows her to directly connect USB thumb drives using an OTG USB adapter. Even easier, if she has the adapter.

If she doesn't already use Calibre, don't get Calibre Companion! It's only useful if she use Calibre.

Last edited by Adoby; 01-11-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
If she doesn't already use Calibre, don't get Calibre Companion! It's only useful if she use Calibre.
Excellent point.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Dropbox can be used to sync files over multiple devices just to get the files on the device. You would have to share the account though or generate a new account just for this purpose. Once the files are within Dropbox's folder on the device you can move them over to a folder out of Dropbox's control.

With dropbox you are not limited to just e-books. You can share music, pictures, apps etc. with anyone that has access to the account. The sharing can go both ways as the common denominator is your Dropbox cloud storage.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote