Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
msxman
Enthusiast
msxman began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox, kindle 2
Exclamation USB Storage deletes my library!

Whenever I connect to the PC via USB cable, my entire kobo library is gone and has to be redownloaded and imported. Anyone else have this problem or know how to make it stop?
msxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I ran into the same issue, every time I plugged in via USB to transfer files. Even occurred when I was transferring to the external card and leaving the internal memory untouched. I use Dropbox to do all my transfers of smaller files and a micro-SD adapter for larger files to the external card. Seems like a substantial issue considering the Vox is bundled with a cable intended to be used for USB transfers...
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
try
http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topics

surely someone there could help. I suspect it has to do with syncing but as I hardly ever use the Kobo app, (I use Aldiko) I'm not sure what the solution is....

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-07-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I hate to say it, but from what I have seen on the satisfaction site, I'd be more inclined to think a 'solution/workaround' will be found through the user group on this forum rather than through Kobo support staff on http://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/topics.
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Here's some info from the Kobo reader forums on MB that explain syncing, perhaps your I'm Reading folder is empty?

Create an account at the Kobo website, or log into your existing Kobo account. Click on your library. Unless you have done some fiddling already, all the books you have bought will appear in your 'I'm Reading' list. This is what will sync to the Kobo .

If you have some books you have read already and/or don't want to syn to the Kobo , click the checkmark beside them, then click the delete button at the top of the list. The books will still be in your purchased books area but will no longer be on your I'm Reading list.

Plug in the reader. Open the desktop software folder and install the software for your type of computer (Windows or Mac). Launch the software, log into your Kobo account. Click the sync button. The books will sync onto the Kobo Reader.

Books loaded onto the reader in this way will not appear as files if you double-click on the device icon in the desktop. If you want them to appear on the device and be editable, you will have to load them through other means
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo library, missing books, usb, vox