Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Device: REB1200; REB2150; Sony 500/350; EZReader; IREX DR800SG; Nook/Color
Cannot download from B&N

I just got my DR800sg 5 days ago. Set up all my accounts, but cannot download from Barnes and Noble. When I click "download" button in my library it say opening the page and then it's just blank page for looooong time. The longest I left it like that is 15 minutes. Nothing is downloaded to the reader.
Anybody knows what it can be?
dmikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
What kind of Verizon signal strength do you have where you are?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
dmikov
Addict
dmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-booksdmikov has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
What kind of Verizon signal strength do you have where you are?
60% usually the browsing seems snappy enough
Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's about what I have at home too, but I haven't tried downloading anything yet. I can access the site without any problems though.

Somebody posted on the iRex forum that they were having issues and that tech support told them that it wouldn't work well unless you had 80%. Maybe surfing the site works fine with a lower signal strength but you need it higher in order to download. That would make sense if the lower strength is resulting in a lot of packet loss/retransmissions, etc.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
Bogey
Bogey began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500, DR800SG
I'm in the same boat. Called iRex tech support 2x, exchanged 3 emails with them, formatted the micro SD card, factory reset the unit, and even took a road trip to get a signal strength of 90% and still no luck on a B&N download. My unit gets hung up on a "Loading content..." popup. I know that my B&N & iRex accounts are working fine since I am able to download a B&N book to a pc, view it on the B&N viewer, successfully xfer it to the DR800 via. USB cable, and view it on the iRex.

I was told it may be a software error and that support would get back to me via. email in 24-48 hours.
Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard

A better question then might be... has anybody had success downloading from B&N on their DR800? I would assume so, otherwise we would be seeing a lot more posts about it... but then again... assuming isn't always the best idea.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard

BTW, I did see some things about setting the account up on the DR800/B&N was a little tricky. Something about being careful what you actually use as your userID or loginID. I assume that's not the problem?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #8
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
A better question then might be... has anybody had success downloading from B&N on their DR800? I would assume so, otherwise we would be seeing a lot more posts about it... but then again... assuming isn't always the best idea.
Yes, I have successfully downloaded an ebook from B&N. I tested it out with a free book. Unfortunately it was in eReader format (ugly, to me, sans serif font that can't be resized; LONG "counting pages" start-up). I understand that ePub support from B&N will be in the firmware update next month.
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #9
MobileTechReview
eBook Reader Junkie
MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.MobileTechReview has met Morla.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I've downloaded 15 books from B&N.com. I generally have 60% signal strength. When browsing you don't need to log in, but when you want to access your account or download an item, it presents you with a login screen first. After you successfully log in, you can download books.
MobileTechReview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
dmikov
Addict

I am at a loss then, out of curiosity do you have same username for b&n and mirex? May be because I used newer email on mirex it's flaking?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
There could be an issue with the username entered. The dialog box says "name on credit card", but that is wrong. For the B&N books you need to use the creditials for your B&N account.
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #12
dmikov
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
There could be an issue with the username entered. The dialog box says "name on credit card", but that is wrong. For the B&N books you need to use the creditials for your B&N account.
Well as I said I can see my books, it's when I click download button that's when it stops. So I am logged in to B&N just fine
Old 03-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
Bogey
Bogey began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500, DR800SG
Looks like its a B&N site issue. Below email is from Mike of iRex support who has been very helpful:

I literally just received information on this issue from B&N contact. They are having issues with their web page and content. The issue is due to their store problems and it is being resolved by them.

Guess we will wait and see when they fix it. I must add that iRex support has been outstanding (quick, informative, and concerned) versus the company that supported my last reader (PRS-500).
Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #14
shiffy
shiffy doesn't littershiffy doesn't litter

Device: DR800SG
B&N problem

What are you trying to download that causes the problem?

I have been able to download books over 3G from B&N, but had the same type of problem when I tried to download the NY Times and a magazine -- which, I did not know at the time, were in the B&N epub format that is not yet supported (but which I have been told by Irex support will be supported in the next firmware update). Could it be a related issue in trying to download something that is not yet supported?

I haven't tried any downloads recently though, as it's not worth it for me to buy pdbs that I can't adjust the fonts on.
shiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #15
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
Looks like its a B&N site issue. Below email is from Mike of iRex support who has been very helpful:

I literally just received information on this issue from B&N contact. They are having issues with their web page and content. The issue is due to their store problems and it is being resolved by them.

Guess we will wait and see when they fix it. I must add that iRex support has been outstanding (quick, informative, and concerned) versus the company that supported my last reader (PRS-500).
Thanks. I am also having the same problem, and was able to download books from them just a couple days ago. It's definitely not related to 3G connection strength.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote