Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-03-2004, 06:14 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Dropload - drop your files off

Dropload is a place for you to drop your files off and have them picked up by someone else at a later time.

Recipients you specify are sent an email with instructions on how to download the file. Files are removed from the system after 7 days, regardless if they have been picked up or not. You can upload any type of file, mp3, movies, docs, pdfs, up to 100MB each.

I have the weird feeling that this free service is not going to last for very long.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 06:38 PM   #2
Chaos
Evangelist
Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chaos has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Assorted older devices
I'm not sure I'd trust someone else with my files like that... At least not anything sensitive, or illegal (MP3s, rupped movies, etc...)
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #3
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
I'm not sure I'd trust someone else with my files like that... At least not anything sensitive, or illegal (MP3s, rupped movies, etc...)
Since you shouldn't be sending copyrighted data to others without explicit permission from the copyright holder, that should never be a problem.

I see where this could be valuable for serving up mirrors of distributed files around release time. Might be useful, but in our own circle of projects, we would easily saturate their entire pipe every night. We nearly do to our own!
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:44 AM   #4
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
My one question would be...do they have a privacy policy? Don't want this to be a way to start spam.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Quote:
That's what encrypted compression is for... Though if you really want a service like this, just grab a free FTP server and run it on your computer for a few days.
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert