Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, PW
PW not receiving books send from Calibre

The problem doesn't seem to be with Calibre since the books are showing up in my sent folder in Gmail, but they aren't getting to my Kindle. I sent 2 books over an hour ago, and they still haven't arrived. I never had this problem with my K3, so I'm not sure what to try next.
JLeighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Have you tried sending the books directly from your email? Or another email address? It's possible the email server is delayed.

Also, the Amazon servers might be slow today. I had a 3 hour delay on a group of documents I sent to my Kindle earlier today (which I then re-sent from another email address and they were delayed as well).
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why not just plug in the USB cable and send the books straight to the PW?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why not just plug in the USB cable and send the books straight to the PW?
You can also use the "Send to Kindle" program http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...0036987&sr=1-1 to send books from your computer to your Kindle reader. All you have to do is install the program and then register it by putting in your amazon email and password and you can send multiple books at one time to your Kindle device(s).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
JLeighs
Addict
JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JLeighs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you everyone! I did end up using the Send to Kindle application which worked. 20 minutes after I did that, the emailed books showed up on my Kindle....
Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
Thank you everyone! I did end up using the Send to Kindle application which worked. 20 minutes after I did that, the emailed books showed up on my Kindle....
This is why I stop using email and use Send to Kindle instead. Gmail has been acting up bad this past week so more likely it was on their end.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
This is why I stop using email and use Send to Kindle instead. Gmail has been acting up bad this past week so more likely it was on their end.
Yep 'Send to Kindle' is a lot more reliable than email and quicker than either that or connecting up the USB cable(IMO). Now and then I've had trouble getting a book to go through (usually I just have to reconvert the book in Calibre) but generally it works great. My K3 and PW have different email addresses associated with them which adds potential confusion, but STK simplifies things in that you just check/uncheck with of your Kindle devices you want to send the book to.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Yep 'Send to Kindle' is a lot more reliable than email and quicker than either that or connecting up the USB cable(IMO). Now and then I've had trouble getting a book to go through (usually I just have to reconvert the book in Calibre) but generally it works great. My K3 and PW have different email addresses associated with them which adds potential confusion, but STK simplifies things in that you just check/uncheck with of your Kindle devices you want to send the book to.
I never use USB because I want all the benefits of the Personal Documents Cloud. Sync Last read, Bookmarks, Notes, Highlights and Availability from the Cloud to download on other Kindles and apps.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
My K3 and PW have different email addresses associated with them
Every Kindle has a unique email address. The email address is the way that Amazon determines which device to send the book to.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Every Kindle has a unique email address. The email address is the way that Amazon determines which device to send the book to.
True, but what I meant HarryT is that with the STK application I can send a book that I got from here at MR to both my Kindles (if I want) just by having both checkboxes checked. Otherwise I have to either send two separate emails or connect/disconnect both of my Kindles to the computer via USB to do it.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
JLeighs
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I never use USB because I want all the benefits of the Personal Documents Cloud. Sync Last read, Bookmarks, Notes, Highlights and Availability from the Cloud to download on other Kindles and apps.
I don't like to sideload because it's a pit of a pain. I'd rather just click a couple of buttons. Until your post, though, I didn't realize that I would be missing out on the benefits of cloud if I did it that way. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeighs View Post
I don't like to sideload because it's a pit of a pain.
How do you get books onto your Kindle? Only direct from Amazon?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
JLeighs
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How do you get books onto your Kindle? Only direct from Amazon?
Yes, most of my books are from Amazon. The few that aren't, I load into Calibre to convert them and then use Calibre to email them to the Kindle.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #14
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Maybe I'm daft, but I seem to have read at some point in time that e-mailing stuff to your Kindle e-mail address actually costs money for each item you send, and it costs extra if the file needs to be converted to Mobi/AZW.

Was this ever the case, is it still the case, does it only apply if you download through 3G.... I am not completely sure. If it costs money, then mailing a load of stuff to your Kindle could walk into the papers (*).

(*) That was an intentionally written, direct 1-to-1 translation of the Dutch proverb "In de papieren lopen", which means something costs much more money than intended.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #15
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Was this ever the case, is it still the case, does it only apply if you download through 3G....
Exactly, only if it's via 3G. Wi-fi transfers have always been free.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote