Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #16
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Amazon also reduced their "subscribe & save" program discount. Now it's 5% instead of 15%.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I have noticed, at least, that if you filter to show Prime items, there is also an option to exclude add-on items. Unfortunately, it does not seem to always work properly so I am notifying support.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
The only thing I don't get is why they don't offer you the option of paying for postage if you don't want to add it to an order for $25?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #19
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
The only thing I don't get is why they don't offer you the option of paying for postage if you don't want to add it to an order for $25?

That does seem rather moronic. I don't think this program is going to last very long.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I am just taking a few moments here on Mobileread and don't have time to check on Amazon, but I agree something is off if they don't allow you to pay postage if it is less than $25.

My guess is that it is a new program and isn't set up properly yet.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #21
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
logic and big company's are sometimes not mutually compatible. Once they realize they are losing sales by this brain fart of theirs. I bet it will be fixed, pronto!
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #22
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There are many people who do not use Prime. I remember the days before I signed up with Prime, when I had to hunt and use various websites to help me find low cost items to get up to that free $25 shipping threshold.

This add-on program may be a welcome sign to non-Prime buyers. Hopefully Amazon will find a way to make this work better for Prime users, especially since they are working on same day local delivery.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #23
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I noticed it when buying bottle nipples. The weird thing is that the level 1 nipples were add on but the level 2 nipples were not.

As a member of Amazon Mom I get an additional 15% off subscribe and save options.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #24
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
From what I can see, these are low profit items, eg one dozen ink pens. If a person is ordering office supplies, ordinarily s(he) wouldn't *only* purchase a box of ink pens. If you use one-click (a lot of people default to one-click), then Amazon is losing nearly (or all) of the $3.94 price on a box of ink pens for unnecessary shipping costs. The "add-on" restriction requires you to use the cart (as well as accumulating $25 in purchases) if you want the $3.94 price. Anything marked Prime is unrestricted; Add-on is "Prime, but..." It seems reasonable enough to me but that's JMO.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #25
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I know I am late to this thread, but this program has been going on for a few months. There is a huge thread on Amazon about it. This is for lost cost items that would be prohibitive to ship on their own. At least that is what they tell us.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #26
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I know I am late to this thread, but this program has been going on for a few months. There is a huge thread on Amazon about it. This is for lost cost items that would be prohibitive to ship on their own. At least that is what they tell us.
Yes, that's clear. The problem is that they are claiming that this is all new items that they did not offer before (as if this program were a new benefit), when in fact they have taken the Prime benefit away from items they WERE shipping before (meaning this program is a reduction of value for some customers). If true, and basschick and others are saying they have invoices to prove it is, that's evil.
To say "We've had to remove some small cost prohibitive items from Prime" is one thing. Maybe annoying, but, hey, they need to watch costs, and they never promised every item would always stay on Prime forever.
But to say "Look at this great new service" while they diminish your value on the sly is absolutely evil, and they should be ashamed. And I'm one of the Amazon fans.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
I had the opportunity to go to Amazon this morning.

I saw the button to select not showing the Add Ons and pressed it.
I also pressed the Prime button.

If you have the Prime button selected, you will see Prime on most of the articles that show up. I selected and bought an item for about $13 and there was not additional charge (tax or shipping) and no wait.

I guess I will have to wait for the bad stuff to happen to me before I get mad.

frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #28
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
It is normally on things that cost a few dollars. The nipples I bought were under $2 a pack. Buying four packs was not a problem.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #29
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
It is normally on things that cost a few dollars. The nipples I bought were under $2 a pack. Buying four packs was not a problem.
But I thought you have to make a $25 threshold? So if they are under $2 a pack, you'd have to buy at least 13 packs, not 4, right? Unless you are combining with another order.

As a prime member, this add-on program would be more palatable to me if I could add an "add-on" item to ANY prime order. Having to put together a $25 cart is just like what I had to do before I got prime!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote