Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
leobueno
leobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-booksleobueno has learned how to read e-books

Device: hanlin
Leo's Wikipedia Reader for Hanlin

The wikipedia reader for Hanlin.

Features a full text indexer (limited to title and first words of the article)implemented with lucene and compression using zlib.

Links

The reader:

ftp://77.227.5.98/Download/lwiki.zip

The conversion tool:

ftp://77.227.5.98/Download/wikiconvert.zip

The english wikipedia ~8Gb (almost complete):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CJ3WCNGJ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QDA5GBW1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I2HDAIX9
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YOH55RLD
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EMZHM1QT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HB0Z3LXZ
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N922OW4N
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GZ0DAC3K
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XAQ728JY
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=768D2VK1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJN2GWPD

Spanish wikipedia (complete): ~1.5Gb

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FMUFVFZH
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LB02I0AZ

It's posible convert the French, Italian and German wikipedias and I will upload soon.
leobueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Absolutely fantastic! That was my most wanted add-on to my reader.
I am interested by all the versions of Wikipedia you offer us and will offer us.
Now I must offer myself a fast 64GB SD-card for Christmas!

Could you tell us more about the genesis of this great project?
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 06:13 AM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by leobueno View Post
The wikipedia reader for Hanlin.
This is a great idea. Thanks for telling us about it. Will it run on the V5?
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbooker View Post
Absolutely fantastic! That was my most wanted add-on to my reader.
I am interested by all the versions of Wikipedia you offer us and will offer us.
Now I must offer myself a fast 64GB SD-card for Christmas!

Could you tell us more about the genesis of this great project?
I doubt it would work, 32 GB is the biggest available for SDHC.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
WOW

Thank you so much!
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I doubt it would work, 32 GB is the biggest available for SDHC.

Dale
DaleDe, will Hanlin v3, read a SDHC? I thought they were limited to straight SD...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
DaleDe, will Hanlin v3, read a SDHC? I thought they were limited to straight SD...
Yes, it will. I'm using a 16GB one in mine (a BeBook).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Yes, it will. I'm using a 16GB one in mine (a BeBook).
Ohhh....cool. Must play with a 16GB SDHC.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #9
rjh
Connoisseur
rjh doesn't litterrjh doesn't litter

Device: TungstenT3 Nokia770 BeBook
Will this run in OI?
rjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #10
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
This is a great idea. Thanks for telling us about it. Will it run on the V5?
I am not sure how this works, but I copied the reader to my v5, then opened the fb2 file. It just sits with the activity light showing green, and I have to reset it.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I am not sure how this works, but I copied the reader to my v5, then opened the fb2 file. It just sits with the activity light showing green, and I have to reset it.
Software designed for a V3 will not work on a v5.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:12 AM   #12
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Software designed for a V3 will not work on a v5.
The wikipedia would have been great to have on the V5. Maybe sometime in the future.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:12 AM   #13
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some
Wow, thanks a lot! Will try this out as soon as possible.

beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:00 PM   #14
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
The forum admin at HANLIN site "guarantees" perfect function of SD cards until 4GB. 16GB /32GB are "theoretically" possible but discouraged.
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #15
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
Leo, great job! But I'm intrigued on the "EbookSim" program where you are displaying the Wikiprog ¿What is ti? Where I can find it?
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote