Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2024, 06:52 AM   #1
oLondon
oLondon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe + Paperwhite
Kindle Scribe - Tried to Jailbreak and now stuck in Managed Mode

Hi,

I have a Kindle (on 5.16.2.0.1) that I have jailbreak following the guide https://github.com/notmarek/LanguageBreak

I did the jailbreak while the device was not registered to Amazon AND in airplane mode. I believe I have done everything (I got a mkk folder on the USB Drive).
Now, the device is in the screen where it ask me to register. I can't find a way to leave that screen without registering. AND I cannot register because the device is in manage mode, so when I try to register it says I can't because airplane mode which cannot be deactivated because I am in managed mode.

Anyone has any idea how to bypass that screen? I would prefer to keep the device un-registered but if it needs to be registered, I will survive

Thanks for the help
oLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #2
Daviteusz
Enthusiast
Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.Daviteusz can teach chickens to fly.

Device: KOA3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Post Post Jailbreak
Code:
Stuck in chinese, demo or device is managed after jailbreak?
All you need to do is 
;demo => press the right button it should "enter demo" but it will actually reset into normal mode with English 
After this check if you have mkk folder on your kindle - if it's missing reinstall the hotfix and have fun :)
Everything is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...17&postcount=1

Maybe you will find something useful here. This instruction is for scribe:
https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?show...il-126424863-1

Last edited by Daviteusz; Yesterday at 12:54 PM.
Daviteusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert