Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 12:45 AM   #1
mutabor
Enthusiast
mutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PRS-650, PRS-950
Selling PRS-505 for spare parts

I've got a PRS-505 for sale. The screen is as good as new. Everything else is working as well, except for one part:

When I was replacing the battery I've broken the connector cable that connects the buttons on the housing to the main board. So the buttons on the housing (1..9, the cursor keys, etc) no longer work.

Not sure how much the reader worth now, so please make your offer.

I live in Singapore, so if you are from the US, shipping it to the US will cost 15USD and should take about 6 to 9 days.

Regards,
Yury
mutabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS:

Please read the STICKY, which is directed toward ALL careful Members of MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #3
sideburnt
Connoisseur
sideburnt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-505
is it possible to take a photo of the inside of the device, with the broken cable?, I haveb a friend who is in hospital recovering from a brain injury. I want to mod the case to accept larger buttons as his mobility is limited at the moment, but he's bored as hell.

Obviously ensuring that this is possible is important I would have severed the connection to the original buttons anyway. Im assuming that its not clear how you broke the cable, otherwise you would have fixed this?
sideburnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I am interested in it... how much are you looking to get for it?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
mutabor
Enthusiast
mutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animalsmutabor is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PRS-650, PRS-950
Hi guys, sorry for the delay with my reply.
Here is a photo of the reader
The red rectangle shows where the damage to the cable was done.

I was replacing the battery and was sliding in the main board into the casing. That's when the damage had been done.

So it's in fully working condition except for the buttons.

Not sure how much it worth now so I would glad to hear your offers.

Regards,
Yury
mutabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
How about $50 shipped to the US?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-505, screen, spare