Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Alternative to Included Stylus

If you're like me, you probably find the included stylus a bit unnatural to use. The Pilot Pentopia Dr. Grip is a retractable stylus and ball point pen. They're no longer in production but can still be found. I purchased through Amazon.

Look here for more info: http://www.pdastylus.com/pda-stylus-...uct-review.asp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00094.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	547.0 KB
ID:	44458   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00093.JPG
Views:	378
Size:	583.1 KB
ID:	44459   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00090.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	606.3 KB
ID:	44460   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00089.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	493.9 KB
ID:	44461   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00079.JPG
Views:	347
Size:	539.1 KB
ID:	44462  
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
gregcd
Connoisseur
gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!gregcd rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: prs-t1, prs-650 to sell
Very cool

i suppose it could clip on to the cover or the device's lanyard
gregcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 03:26 AM   #3
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
If you're like me, you probably find the included stylus a bit unnatural to use. The Pilot Pentopia Dr. Grip is a retractable stylus and ball point pen. They're no longer in production but can still be found. I purchased through Amazon.

Look here for more info: http://www.pdastylus.com/pda-stylus-...uct-review.asp
Something you could try is a stylus refill for the standard Cross pen. It replaces the ink refill in the pen and turns it into a stylus. I've been using one for years with my PDA and it is a vast improvement over the original equipment stylus.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
Something you could try is a stylus refill for the standard Cross pen. It replaces the ink refill in the pen and turns it into a stylus. I've been using one for years with my PDA and it is a vast improvement over the original equipment stylus.
I wasn't aware that such a thing existed, many thanks, very usefull tip.

Regards
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
You never know what great info you'll find in forums.
Advert
Old 01-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Thanks for the site info!
I used to have a pen/pencil/stylus combo, but forgot about it (probably because I can't find it) .
There's a Pilot Pentopia 2 +1 on that site that looks even better than what I had! Now if it only had a built-in highlighter!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Thanks for the site info!
I used to have a pen/pencil/stylus combo, but forgot about it (probably because I can't find it) .
There's a Pilot Pentopia 2 +1 on that site that looks even better than what I had! Now if it only had a built-in highlighter!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 PM   #8
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksor View Post
I wasn't aware that such a thing existed, many thanks, very usefull tip.

Regards
You are welcome. I tried a few pen/stylus combinations and didn't find any of them satisfactory (often the tip would wiggle around when I was using it). An advantage of the stylus refill I mentioned is that the entire stylus unit (pen with stylus refill) fits in my hand just like the actual pen. Also, since the stylus refill fits in any pen that uses a Cross-type refill, you have a large number of pens to choose from and you can choose one that's right for your hand. Another advantage is that you can retract the stylus tip when it's not in use, protecting it from damage.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote