Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #5191
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Not Fuego, it is Flickum Biccum.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM   #5192
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles 2, KB, PW 1, PW 2, Voyage, & Fire 2 -- iPad mini
Cool Flickum Bicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I believe that you mean Flickum Bicus, the faux-latin utterance Harry uses to light the candles in his basement lab.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM   #5193
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 10
Quote:
I believe that you mean Flickum Bicus, the faux-latin utterance Harry uses to light the candles in his basement lab.

Yes. Thank you for pointing that out. I will go dig a hole now and bury myself. Thun I will continue to read The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice. Great urban fantasy with werewolfes.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #5194
red_phoenix
Turning up the heat
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yes. Thank you for pointing that out. I will go dig a hole now and bury myself. Thun I will continue to read The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice. Great urban fantasy with werewolfes.
If it helps I didn't even notice the spelling mistake. I automatically read it as Flickum Bicus.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:21 AM   #5195
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Blue Beetle cake

Old Today, 11:33 AM   #5196
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:

Very nice!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #5197
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Yes. Thank you for pointing that out. [Snip]

I think I would have made the same mistake....

That aside, however, I love the image, and am considering "borrowing it" as my avatar for the upcoming year... Not sure though because I kind of also want to stay with my "books somewhere in the picture" theme.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:16 PM   #5198
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300, PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"
Quote:

My wife is on "Blood Rites" and she loves Mouse (even though he isn't "Mouse" technically yet). I wonder if I send her this link, she'll let me get one based on sheer puppy cuteness!
AlbertaCowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:20 PM   #5199
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
If it helps I didn't even notice the spelling mistake. I automatically read it as Flickum Bicus.
I totally did as well!
Old Today, 02:22 PM   #5200
AlbertaCowboy
Proud Daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post

That aside, however, I love the image, and am considering "borrowing it" as my avatar for the upcoming year... Not sure though because I kind of also want to stay with my "books somewhere in the picture" theme.
I bet if you asked nicely, I'm sure that someone who has a knack for Photoshop (hint hint, Alan) could add a nice pentagram inscribed grimoire in there somewhere.
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #5201
alansplace
Wizard

Cool Nyssa's next Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
I bet if you asked nicely, I'm sure that someone who has a knack for Photoshop (hint hint, Alan) could add a nice pentagram inscribed grimoire in there somewhere.
I've been thinking about how to add a book or books to that image ever since I read Nyssa's post this morning. I haven't come up with a sensible and worthy layout to do so yet. Certainly a book or books could be added, but to do so arbitrarily would end up looking stupid.

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy